Reverb is the largest online marketplace dedicated to buying and selling new, used, and vintage musical instruments. Since launching in 2013, Reverb has grown into a vibrant community of buyers and sellers all over the world. By focusing on inspiring content, price transparency, musician-focused eCommerce tools, a music-savvy customer service team, and more, Reverb has created an online destination where the global music community can connect over the perfect piece of music gear.
We believe that music makes the world a better place, which is why our mission is to make the world more musical. Through Reverb Gives, a portion of every sale provides youth music education programs across the world with instruments they need to make music.
We are seeking a forward-thinking, organized, and friendly IT Support Specialist to join us. It’s an exciting time for the IT team! We are rethinking activities and functions across Reverb's technology and fueling connections while we work from home. Your role will be defined by critical thinking coupled with frontend support and will involve collaboration with all corners of the company.
As an IT Support Specialist, you will be willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in to support the IT tools and provide excellent service to enhance the tech lives of Reverb’s internal users.
You’ll be poised and eager to dive into the front lines while using our values to drive decision-making.
You will constantly be coming up with creative ways to tackle problems, improve on existing processes, building tools that improve workflows. Of course, you’ll do all of this while conveying a cheerful, positive, and calming influence on our dynamic workplace.
This a full-time role that will eventually be based in our Chicago office, although we are presently working remotely.
In this role, you will:
- Be a vital part of the onboarding and offboarding for employee hardware and account access.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software and deliver top-notch support to employees.
- Share responsibility for the operations and support for a variety of business applications including JumpCloud, Jamf Pro, Atlassian products, G Suite, and Slack.
- Help strengthen the team with collaboration, processes, and workflows.
- Detail procedures, policies, technical instructions, and other processes.
- Find opportunities for reducing toil and avoiding technical debt to reduce support and operations load on the team.
- Work in an agile environment, participating in sprint planning, delivering work, and contributing to a retrospective.
You are a resourceful, adaptable, and confident person who will help make our Chicago office a happy and productive place to work. To be successful in the role, you have:
- Experience with Mac operating systems and tools similar to Jamf Pro and JumpCloud.
- Confidence in using service desk tools for handling helpdesk tickets.
- Familiarity with working with identity providers in an enterprise environment.
- Superb communication skills in person, via email/tickets, and Slack.
- The understanding of the importance of workflow efficiency and believe in continuous improvement for yourself and your team.
- A creative, curious, and eager to learn mentality.
- The eagerness to create documentation (have fun throw in a music pun!) and share knowledge with others.
- Passion about your customer's experience.
Reverb offers compensation packages that include base, bonus, and equity in the form of Etsy restricted stock units. Some of our key 2021 benefits include:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents (you read it right: no premiums!)
- Life, AD&D, and supplemental long-and short-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k)
- A generous vacation policy, plus unlimited sick and mental health days
- 18 weeks of gender-neutral parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child
- 12 weeks of fully-paid family leave
- Up to $7,500 reimbursement of adoption-related expenses
- Ways to give back to your community through a charitable contribution match and volunteer time off
At Reverb, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant and resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Reverb is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
We know that the impostor syndrome and confidence gap are real. Please do not hesitate to apply!