Junior SAP FICO Analyst at JPMorgan Chase
In launching your career in our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The Software Engineer is responsible for the analysis, planning, design, development, and delivery of SAP solutions. The software engineer will support senior engineers as they work through solutions and delivery of various SAP initiatives. This position will learn to configure standard SAP features as well as develop add-on functionality as needed. The selected candidate will work directly with senior engineers, business representatives and process owners to define requirements and the subsequent solutions.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- B.S. or B.A. in Information Systems, Accounting, Finance, or a related field preferred.
- Experience with SAP or a similar client server software package preferred
- Solid understanding of Accounting and Corporate Finance functions
- Testing experience including scripting, execution, and defect resolution preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written a must
- Strong team and interpersonal skills
- Work well with teams or in a team environment, with the ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure in a multi-task environment
- Conceptual and practical understanding of full project lifecycle, including requirements gathering, analysis and testing
- Experience with SAP BI/BW a plus
- Experience with SAP business planning & Consolidation (BPC) a plus
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- In touch with industry wide technology trends and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.