Lead Network Engineer at TransUnion
“The limit of our growth is going to be our imagination and product ideas – not technology.” – Mohit Kapoor, CTO
What we’ll bring:
- A work environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
What you’ll bring:
- 7 + years of experience:
- Design, implementation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of large, complex IP-based networks.
- Network Capacity Planning, Performance. Monitoring/Management and Network Design Architecture.
- Routing protocols like (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, VRRP, IP, HSRP, MPLS, BGP for dual ISP, etc. protocols) and set up load balancing using BGP for dual IS.
- Layer-2, layer-3, and/or layer-4 network protocols and technologies, TCP, UDP, HTTP/HTTPS, REST, SOAP, NFSv4.x, SMB
- Strong understanding of Cisco routers and switches in a corporate infrastructure.
- Knowledgeable of network security practices and tools. Network Security (firewall policies, rules, best practices, VPN, IPSEC, GETVPN).
- Basic UNIX shell scripting skills a plus (required for configuration and monitoring activities).
We’d love to see:
- Cisco CCIE preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred. Equivalent work experience may be substituted.
- Experience working with telecommunications companies.
- Experience with Network/Packet Analysis tools.
- F5 experience preferred.
Impact you’ll make:
- Resolves issues related to the coordination, control, design, support, and operation of specialized components of a network whether data, voice or video such as Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs), and voice systems.
- Plans, configures, tests, maintains, troubleshoots and tunes network infrastructure such as routers, switches, gateways, firewall systems, multi-function switches, virtual private networks and network security devices.
- Leads resolution of issues related to the coordination, control, design, support, and operation of specialized components of a network whether data, Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs), and wireless.
- Participate in and/or lead projects of medium to high complexity. Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills. Excellent time management.
- Leads on-call production support activities, using the technical knowledge and capability to handle all problems that may arise.
- Oversees or performs the installation and testing of upgrades working with the systems and applications teams.