Mac Systems Engineer at PEAK6
We are PEAK6, a leading investment firm. You'll find us headquartered in the historic Chicago Board of Trade building, where we first opened our doors in 1997. It's been over 20 years since we were one of the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology to use in our trading business. Today, we continue to leverage our technical ingenuity and operational excellence across several investment areas, spanning early-to-mid stage growth capital, operational control, trading, and e-sports, while always proving value to the customer. Throughout the years, we've built and operated several financial technology firms, and we continue to evolve. You'll find a bit of everything here, and we're always looking to take on new endeavors.
WHO WE NEED
Technology Experience builds state-of-the-art people-centric solutions that transform and accelerate PEAK6. We operate important technology systems efficiently and securely while providing reliable products, services and data-driven analytics. We deliver a unified technology experience throughout PEAK6, tailored where necessary to fit each business.
As a Systems Engineer specializing in macOS Technologies in Technology Experience, you will be instrumental in the experience of all our employees throughout the PEAK6. We’re looking for someone who takes ownership of their work, is resourceful in their problem-solving skills and is able to think creatively. This individual will work together with a team to perform day to day management on all macOS and iOS technologies utilized within the organization. You are the subject matter expert for all things Apple. You will take on projects that will require clear communication and completion in a timely manner. We want someone who has a passion for setting the performance bar and thrives in an energetic team environment, while delivering a fully integrated solution that fits into one unified technology stack.
PEAK6 Technology Experience places emphasis on delivering white-glove customer service. Therefore, it is imperative for the Mac Systems Engineer, to place value on detail; but also pair this with a sense of urgency for execution. Technology Experience is looking for people who have compassion and empathy for their teammates and a natural IT intuition who can work harder, faster and smarter while taking technical excellence to a whole new level.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Provide onsite, phone, email, and chat support for end user Apple needs
- In collaboration with team members and leadership, implement great support processes, procedures, and documentation.
- Identify opportunities for business enablement through smart use of technology.
- Ability to develop, test, and deploy scripts as needed to workstations and/or servers.
- Manage and integrate multiple technologies into macOS
- Mentor team members.
- Manage, support, and maintain Apple DEP.
- Write clear, concise documentation for team members in wiki tools (Confluence).
- Evaluate and recommend new software platforms and services.
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- 5+ years of experience working with JAMF, specifically building and maintaining workstation images, application packages, and deploying software updates.
- Experience with Active Directory and developing/maintaining custom scripts.
- Extensive experience with macOS and iOS.
- Experience with Office365, including comprehensive knowledge of all applications and services within, including OneDrive and SharePoint.
- Experience supporting TCP/IP networks and wireless networking.
- Experience with a ticket-based support platform.
- Experience in communication and collaboration technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.