Job Description The Senior Systems Programmer for Hardware Run will be responsible for the ongoing support for all mainframe hardware including trouble shooting, problem resolution, and maintenance. • Respond to and resolve issues with mainframe hardware. Primarily this will be around data replication to remote sites. • Serve as an escalation point for hardware issues. • Manage hardware issue resolution including working with IBM and other vendors to diagnose problems and to determine and schedule a suitable fix. • Proactively maintain all hardware on the most appropriate microcode level. • Ensure all hardware call home software is functioning. • Work with the Automation team to ensure all alerts are captured and escalated. • Maintain a detailed and accurate hardware inventory of all existing customers.
- Strong analytical, problem determination, and resolution skills
- Ability to diagnose and handle common hardware issues and resolve them promptly and effectively with minimal adverse impact to the customer.
- Knowledge of current and recent mainframe hardware models of mainframe, channel subsystems including Directors and reflection panels, DASD and Tape subsystems, and Hardware Management Consoles.
- Strong understanding of the mainframe z/OS operating systems and its manipulation.
- Understanding of the network connectivity requirements for all mainframe components.
- Expert knowledge of DASD and tape replication methods to remote data centers.
- Ability to interact with account management and project managers.
- Experience interacting with vendors and websites.
- Ability to concurrently work across multiple projects and multiple customers.
- Knowledge of VM/VSE and encryption servers is a plus.
Ability to evaluate proposed architecture for supportability prior to sharing with clients. Successful candidate will be able to design hardware solutions to meet client and business requirements. Above average knowledge of the z/OS operating system. Knowledge of z/VM / z/Linux considered a plus. Familiarity with tape and DASD replication methodologies for various mainframe vendors. Build and maintain mainframe DR configurations for multiple clients at multiple different Recovery Facilities. Participate in Disaster Recovery Tests. Familiarity with data encryption technologies on the mainframe. Familiarity with Putty. Ability to mentor and train Jr. Hardware Configuration team members
The Senior Systems Programmer will be responsible for trouble shooting and resolving mainframe hardware equipment such CEC, DASD, and Tape. grations, the Systems Programmer will be a point person for configuring client environments within Ensono data centers to mimic existing client environment. Will serve as an escalation point for mainframe hardware issues such as failed Tape Drives, offline devices, and Call Home. Associate will adjust weights on HMC for LPARS as required in support of steady state mainframe support.