Manager, A-Brands Sourcing at Peapod Digital Labs (Chicago, IL)
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Browse the Aisles
A leader in Negotiation is responsible for reviewing, assessing, and executing cost saving negotiations across a vast portfolio of vendors/categories across ADUSA where annualized COGS cumulatively exceed $30+B. Key areas of focus include leveraging size and scale across ADUSA in service of furthering our evolution to a best-in-class Omnichannel merchant organization. Responsible for delivering all corporate wide savings goals across multiple areas (COGs, savings, budget, planning and execution of scheduled events). Ensures that cross brand leadership teams and key stakeholders are aligned with end-to-end activities by creating and facilitating forums (e.g. CSLT, cross brand bi-weekly calls, etc.) and leveraging best practices. Strive to drive efficiencies through process improvement and innovation as fuel for future activities.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies and tactics in conjunction with our Great Local Brands to leverage size and scale in service of delivering optimal financial results (S4OC, ECE, etc.) - Expands sphere of influence more broadly to drive change/innovation to enhance overall company performance.
- Responsible for period/quarterly financial reporting on suppliers and Brands within their assigned portfolio. Identifying opportunities and areas for concern and helping teams formulate action plans to address.
- Accountable for (and responsible for supporting through data and process development and enhancements) negotiations across assigned portfolio.
- Point-person for escalation (when needed) across all Great Local Brands for key issues (e.g. cost increases, reclaim changes, etc.).
- Accountable to lead and develop team (training/developing)--building consensus and driving alignment across all levels of leadership throughout RBS and ADUSA Build the capabilities of Sourcing through effective execution of team talents & strategies. Reinforces the sense of purpose within the team and actively engages in ongoing conversations to connect individual and team purpose across functions.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- 10+ years of related Sourcing, Negotiating, Category, & vendor management experience (preferred). 4+ years demonstrated success leading people/teams (preferred).
- Firm understanding of financial reporting (P&L management), & ability to understand and leverage syndicated/internal data. Demonstrated success with educating others on these topics.
- Successful track record of influencing others without authority. Independent interaction and leadership with senior leadership levels across the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience. Master's degree preferred.
- Sourcing, Negotiation.
- Project Management/Facilitation.
- Change Management.
- Presentation skills (both developing & delivering).
- Demonstrated facilitation skills over multiple media types (video conferences, TEAMS, Skype, conference calls, in-person meetings, etc.) with varying size groups (typically 5-25).
- Conflict management skills & general knowledge of industry and suppliers.
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.