Manager, Clinical Innovation at VillageMD
At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems. As part of achieving this goal, the Manager of Clinical Innovation will work across a diverse group of both clinical and non-clinical stakeholder to develop and deploy innovative clinical solutions to support improved patient outcomes.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Operations, you will be responsible for developing and executing an operational implementation framework for established and planned clinical protocols across the enterprise. Working closely with clinical leadership, you will be responsible for developing and aligning an operational strategy to support the effective rollout of clinical best practices across markets. In this role, you will serve as the subject matter expert for market operating teams and will be responsible for supporting markets with the appropriate tools and resources to effectively implement clinical innovations.
Examples of key accountabilities in this role include:
- Work closely with clinical leadership to ensure evidence-based clinical protocols are supported by an operational deployment framework
- Set clinical protocol goals and objectives, including expected short term and long value propositions
- Manage enterprise clinical innovation workplan and ensure appropriate coordination across both Office of the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) and cross functional support teams
- Partner with analytics and reporting teams to establish a strategy for measuring clinical protocol effectiveness, including process, operational, and outcome metrics
- Serve as the primary point person for identifying opportunities for expanded technology capabilities, including owning the development and communication of clinical and operational use cases
- Support market operating teams by developing and managing required tools and resources, including role-based training materials and other support resources
- Establish a market user group and defined engagement cadence to facilitate market feedback and gather insights into implementation barriers and additional support required to overcome obstacles
- Collaborate across CMO team members to ensure clinical protocol expectations are integrated and aligned with other stakeholder workflows.
- Provide monthly and quarterly updates to market and executive leadership on clinical innovation performance
What will make you successful here:
- The ability to work with operational data and present meaningful views of performance for a wide range of stakeholders
- A track record of building meaningful relationships across a diverse group of clinical and non-clinical stakeholders and the ability to manage large-scale programming from concept through fruition
- A high tolerance for ambiguity, a service orientation, and a high level of humility for successful assimilation in our highly collaborative, entrepreneurial culture
- A talent for balancing critical thinking with hands-on execution
- You have a strong sense of personal accountability for delivering individual and team results
- Experience performing under pressure with a keen sense of urgency, attention to detail, and a commitment to doing what you say you will do
- You demonstrate humility through your actions, relationships and communications with others
What you bring to VillageMD:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- At least 3 years of relevant, progressive experience with clinical programs and innovation, including the ability to translate clinical innovations to improved patient outcomes
- Experience working with clinical, operational, and financial data; operational in nature but with strong technical knowledge of systems and concepts and can liaison between data and operations
- Proven reporting and program development experience including past experiences building cohesive process and supporting structure in a geographically dispersed, complex business structure
- Desire to be hands-on with a track record of “rolling up your sleeves” to drive desired outcomes
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage and pivot between competing priorities
- Proven experience operating successfully within ambiguity; a results-oriented professional who can make sense of chaos to continually deliver desired results
- A flexible mindset and personality; someone who can demonstrate the ability to think outside the box and formulate creative solutions
- Excellent interpersonal communication, a high attention to detail, and critical problem-solving skills to garner credibility and develop strong relationships
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.