Manager, Customer Experience (SHIFT: 8AM - 5PM Tues - Sat)
About The Opportunity
Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
Our Customer Experience Team is looking to add to their team! The Manager, Customer Experience who is action-oriented, customer-focused, with effective prioritization, goal-setting and people management skills.
As a Customer Experience Manager, you will have the opportunity to energize not only our Customer Experience Sr. Specialists but also delighting our Diners! In this role you must leverage your exceptional leadership skills to elevate your team by developing and coaching them for success. You will also fully support the delivery of the ultimate customer experience by working with your team to manage diner wait times, resolve both internal and external issues, and assist with diner transactions as needed. You will model excellent customer experience by demonstrating and holding your team accountable for developing expertise and providing the highest levels of professionalism and courtesy to all customers. Additionally, you will utilize a wide range of people and operational management skills to optimize the diner and employee experience and maintain the health of daily and long-term goals.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Provide ongoing feedback to employees on how to improve quality and service level; ensure compliance with control procedures
- Manage contact volumes and trends through reporting and analysis
- Oversee all day-to-day and hour-to-hour aspects of the call center, including active and consistent daily management of employees
- Monitor and manage– Focus on Calls in Queues, Calls Abandoned, Hold Time, etc. services
- Manage team’s daily, weekly, monthly, and long term schedules
- Resolve and respond to customer escalations accurately and professionally in a courteous and timely manner
- Navigate more complex customer issues (analyze/identify the problem then provide the appropriate resolution)
- Provide feedback for front-line teams in terms of coaching on missed process or missed opportunities to resolve the issue at the first contact
- A collaborator: be able to interface with other business partners as needed when resolving customer issues
- Coordinate with Care leadership on sensitive issues to be sure the customer is receiving the appropriate resolution
- Lead pilots for testing new products and offerings across Care to support our customers
- Maintain fluency of general workflow by regularly performing customer care functions via the following methods (phone, chat, tickets and Social Media); keeping a pulse on what our customers (Diners+Restaurants) are saying
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related field of study
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization, including the executive staff
- 5+ years of experience supervising a call center or similar role
- Demonstrated effective leadership and people management skills, proven ability to effectively develop, coach and motivate employees
- Well versed in contact center specific Workforce Management concepts and tools.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to motivate teams to provide best-in-class customer service
- Proven ability to work well under pressure making sound decisions quickly in a fluid, fast-paced business environment
- Creative thinker with innovative approach to problem-solving
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills to collect and interpret data to solve problems
- Must be able to work some nights/weekends
Got These? Even Better:
- Prior Google Applications experience
- Zendesk knowledge and/or other CRM systems
- Previous experience with Workforce Management Software and Telephony Tools
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.