Manager, Customer Success, Agency at Sprout Social
Sprout Social is seeking a talented Customer Success leader to oversee a team of Customer Success Managers. The Manager of Customer Success will contribute to the development of a world-class Customer Success team that ensures our customers achieve desired outcomes through the adoption of Sprout Social’s software. The Manager will lead this team across a portfolio of agency accounts and be responsible for achieving churn quotas, hiring and developing, directly engaging with customers, and collaborating with other teams across Sprout Social.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in customer relations/account management and sales. The candidate must be highly motivated, possess outstanding communication skills and be willing to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and growing environment. The candidate draws on their experience when coaching direct reports, analyzing data, evaluating workflow processes and working with various operational tool sets.
Our Customer Success organization cultivates strong relationships and loyalty with more than 25,000 brands around the world including: 25,000 brands around the world including: Chicago Bulls, Sony Electronics, Indiana University and Edelman. These businesses and agencies rely on Sprout to create long-lasting connections with their customers and clients through social media.
We're looking for an enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others and has a demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement. If you have a deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models and a strong empathy for customers, we'd love to talk to you!
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- Demonstrated experience working in a digital marketing agency and/or SaaS environment.
- Background of post-sale experience with consistent track record of exceeding retention/churn quotas.
- Proven track record of leading account management, customer success and/or customer-facing teams.
Within 1 month, you will…
- Complete Sprout Social’s new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with the Customer Success Leadership team to define key success metrics for your role and how you will measure against them.
- Meet your team in 1:1s to understand each individual’s current challenges and areas of opportunity.
- Educate yourself on the current team structure, goals and overall strengths/weaknesses.
Within 3 months, you will…
- Meet with leaders throughout the Sales & Customer Success organization that share responsibility for obtaining similar targets and identify areas of opportunity.
- Establish a strong understanding of sales enablement, create/analyze team reports, and identify coaching opportunities.
- Create an early concept of future plan for your team and begin prioritizing.
- Begin coaching and mentoring team with call shadowing and role plays to help them improve, both professionally and personally.
Within 6 months, you will…
- Meet agreed-upon goals and targets relating to net revenue retention and team productivity.
- Measure initial process improvements and make adjustments where appropriate.
- Have built strong cross departmental relationships.
- Demonstrate personal leadership perspective and share learnings and best practices across the organization.
- Continue to develop your team, both personally and professionally.
- Become a Sprout Social and social media expert to confidently speak to ever-changing industry trends and product vision to help our customers identify their needs and accomplish their goals.
Within 12 months, you will…
- Consistently meet and exceed quarterly net revenue retention targets.
- Obtain (solicited and unsolicited) and act upon peer, customer, and leadership feedback.
- Be recognized as a subject matter expert and leader at Sprout.
- Establish and begin executing against long term plan for your team.
- Promote members on your team and begin creating bench of new talent.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment—your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our [email protected] program, employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and mentorship programs for aspiring leaders
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop and downtown Seattle, for those who prefer an office setting
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. For those that prefer an office setting, this role may be based in our Chicago or Seattle locations. If you prefer to work from your home, we can accommodate that for many locations across the United States. We are not set up in all states, however, so please take a look at the drop down box in our application to see whether your state is listed.
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity- race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our 2020 DEI Report.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We'll do all we can to ensure you're set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.