Manager, Delegated Services Technology at VillageMD
Join VillageMD as a Manager, Delegated Services Technology in Chicago, IL or Remote
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation.
VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare. We’re empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions, and engaging patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country, improving patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization, and we are thrilled about the work that we accomplish every day. We’re transparent. Collaborative. Relentless in pursuit of our mission. With a confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation. And we know that the community we are growing is greater than any one individual.
We’ve built our technology using the best of cloud and open-source technologies to create an open, data-first platform that is enriched with analytical models and connected to the most modern internal and external apps. These apps drive clinical decision support, patient engagement and other facilitators of innovative, information-enriched health experiences.
Could this be you?
In support of our growing delegated services business and technology platform, we are looking for a Manager of Delegated Services Technology to partner with our business, technology, and vendor teams ensuring system uptime, administration, maintenance, and issue resolution creates an optimal user experience.
As the technology leader responsible for our delegated services suite of tools, the ideal candidate will serve as the SME for our claims and utilization management technology platform, building and managing a team to support this critical piece of our business. Experience in a claims processing environment, ideally with the Ez-Cap system, and working knowledge of healthcare EDI, trading partners, and payer data sets is required. The ideal candidate will also possess strong SQL skills, a very high aptitude for learning new technologies, and proven experience as a capable technology generalist.
How you can make a difference
During your first year, you can expect the following professional challenges:
- Application & system monitoring of EZCAP and related suite of tools
- Management and resolution of time sensitive transactional data related issues, including error handling, reporting and reprocessing of claims, encounters, authorizations, and payments
- Vendor management ensuring technology partners achieve contracted SLA's for agreed upon services
- Application & database maintenance including configurations, metadata, indexing, and software updates
- Management of system backup and restore processes, including syncing of test and production environments
- Tier 1 support for end user reported issues, ensuring a seamless support process for internal & external issue resolution
- Implementation of new plans and payers into our delegated services model and technology platform
- Implementation of custom data pipelines for delegated contracts in partnership with support and engineering
- Manage communication and deliverables between payers, vendors, and internal teams as needed
- Thought leadership and key stakeholder in assessing/selecting new technology vendors and partners in this space
Skills / Experience to drive change
- 5+ years of implementing or supporting technology in a healthcare claims processing environment
- 3+ years of experience working with the claims processing tools, Ez-Cap suite a plus
- Strong SQL skills including advanced scripting for data imports, updates, and reporting
- Well versed in healthcare data standards relevant to claims and utilization management
- Experience in hiring and managing a team is a plus, but not required
- Experience in task management software (e.g. Jira) a plus
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1. This fun, fast-paced, startup environment even comes complete with snacks.
You also have the flexibility to contribute remotely. Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.