Manager III, Private Brands Category Development-Dairy at Peapod Digital Labs
Store Code: Product Management 2 (27129)
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Browse The Aisles
This position is responsible for managing the Private Brands (PB) vision and strategy as the lead point of contact for the Dairy Category for all US A-D local brands. Key responsibilities for this role include developing and maintaining a strong partnership with brand category leadership and ensuring that private brand products play a role in the success of the category at the local banner. This role is responsible to drive PB sales, margin and penetration in collaboration with assigned Brand’s Category, Merchandising and Pricing teams while supporting and maintaining the PB strategy. The role requires a strong track record of success and deep knowledge of assigned category and the ability to lead, build consensus, and drive innovation at the category level – keeping the desires of our customers at front of mind.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Lead the development of Private Brands category business plan which are consistent with the total overall Dairy Category goals and strategies within each local brand.
- Serves as PB category general manager – holding deep product knowledge for their category and evolving knowledge of the needs and desires of the customer in these areas.
- Provide consultative insight and recommendations for ideal category assortment to support the local brand goals and focus areas.
- Delivers innovation across assigned categories and responds to the new ideas and latest trends in order to meet or exceed brand shopper expectations. Take this learning across all local brands for consultative partnership.
- Partners with Category leadership at all US local brands to drive sales, profit, and penetration of their category and ensuring that the private brand offerings are supporting the growth of category plans
- Works with Private Brand Management Product Excellence teams, as well as strategic supplier partners, to research and identify new product development opportunities, creating an innovation pipeline.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor’s degree or related level of experience in the specific retail category management area
- Strong influencing and partnership abilities
- At least 7 years of experience in a category management role; strong preference around experience in Dairy category
- Specific category knowledge and expertise in higher complexity areas of the business
- Experience managing a team and demonstrating strong leadership capabilities and developing others
- Role will be responsible for assigned categories that are supported by 2+ Category Specialist and/or be responsible for approx. $250+ million in sales and high level SKU and supplier complexity
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Requisition: 214707_external_USA-IL-Chicago