It’s been three weeks since you helped launch the company’s new flagship product. You successfully managed inventory across all the company’s sales channels so our D2C channel has healthy inventory, as does Walmart, Amazon, etc. Initial reception is really strong. A little beyond your expectations actually. And now you’re faced with a decision that if this demand continues, the company is going to start running out of stock faster than your forecasted resupply plans.
You dive into the sales and acquisition data with the growth team and they are throwing more budget towards the acquisition campaigns. It’s time to quarterback this effort to ensure supply keeps up with the demand coming in.
Within hours you are on Zoom calls with the supply chain team, suppliers, as well with factory operations. You are able to bring in part shipments, approve overtime on the manufacturing line, sort out new shipments to retailers, and coordinate new air freight from Asia to get finished goods inbound fast. To skip a step, you drive to the airport personally to get the shipment and save another 2 days off transit time. You’re the unsung hero, driving the entire operation to make sure sales don’t skip a beat. Before the CEO asks what the impact is, you already have a plan in action and it's taking shape.
We are seeking customer obsessed individuals who have an eye for detail - and who take extreme ownership in ensuring a smooth experience for our end users. You love being in the middle of it all springing into action to coordinate across various teams and partners.
If you’ve gotten this far, you’re nodding your head and also:
- Highly analytical and you love data
- Others will tell us you’re highly capable of immersing yourself in data and delivering actionable recommendations
- You are capable of making autonomous decisions inside the boundaries of KPIs and business goals
- You are a doer, a learner, a builder, and you get stuff done. You aren’t shy about asking for help, asking for access, asking for data, and then building a system to not have to ask again
- You are curious and proactive, compassionate and empathetic, and driven to solve hard problems
- You are highly aware of the details. You take your time to get it right
- You are familiar with changing direction quickly, and you thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes hectic environment
What we are looking for:
The Manager, Operations & Logistics will become the go to individual on our team for both hardware and software business operations, helping to manage the day-to-day forward and reverse product logistics, as well as SaaS subscription management and KPI reporting.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Managing product inventory in multiple locations, facilitating product logistics between manufacturers, the distribution center, and our customers.
- Partner with our 3PL for product logistics-related matters, and also support the logistics relationship with Amazon.com and other B2B customers. You will also work closely with our Customer Experience team to help provide operations support to our B2C customers.
- Oversee the reverse logistics and product warranty processes, and be responsible for owning the calculation and reporting of reverse logistics and warranty KPI’s.
- Help facilitate the company’s S&OP (Sales and Ops) process, gathering sales forecast inputs from the marketing team, and balancing that information with the supply inputs from the supply chain team, to ensure sufficient inventory levels and avoid product stock outs.
- Become the point person to manage our customer subscription management processes, including retention/churn analysis and reporting.
- Be asked to support the extended Jiobit team on ad hoc requests from time to time. You will interface regularly with the finance, customer experience and supply chain teams, and may be asked to work with those teams on data requests.
- Process Creation & Optimization: logistics, freight forwarding, certifications, billing
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field (Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain, etc).
- 3-5 years experience in a business operations-related field (product operations, SaaS operations, data analysis, business operations, accounting, finance)
- Considerable experience working with Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets. Experience working with other Business Intelligence systems, or 3rd party logistics systems is a plus.
- Experience analyzing large data sets and summarizing key takeaways
- Passion for critical thinking, solving problems, and implementing solutions.
Total compensation between $95,000 and $110,000 (location and experience-dependent) for new team members, with performance and milestone-driven adjustments
Jiobit provides families a comprehensive location-aware safety solution that is accurate, secure, reliable and real-time. Our solution combines a discreet wearable called the Jiobit Smart Tag, with mobile-based software services, combined with patented location technology.
Our location monitoring and smart notification services are perfect for younger children, pets, seniors, and any loved one prone to wander. Featuring a host of encryption and security technologies, Jiobit is trusted by thousands of caregivers and families with usage in every populated continent in the world.
We believe that caregivers should have a single source of helpful information to guide growth, reduce stress, and move forward with ease. Everything we do—and everyone who works at Jiobit—is centered around this mission: provide the right information at the right time to the right people.
Jiobit has won Editor's Choice Awards with Wired Magazine, PCMag, Baby List, and Tom's Guide, to name a few. Jiobit has offices in Chicago and Silicon Valley. With a recent strategic acquisition by San Francisco-based Life360, we are positioning the business for rapid growth.
Why you want to work with us:
We like people who take risks, big and small. At Jiobit, we’re motivated every day because we do meaningful work that solves real problems for our customers. We support one another in our current roles and career aspirations, encouraging each other to learn new skills and dive deeper into our expertise.
We believe people work best when they are given the freedom and resources they need to work the way they were meant to. We hold ourselves to high standards, but we also don’t take ourselves too seriously.
We have seen the first-hand results of what it looks like to work together toward a common goal. We’re only interested in building a team that can work together, play together, and build things together.
What you’ll get:
- Unlimited PTO to juggle your professional and personal lives with MTO - Minimum Time Off of 3 weeks
- Flexible work hours and location (option to work from our downtown Chicago office, hybrid in office/WFH)
- Medical, dental, vision insurance (including 50% contribution for dependents)
- Paid holidays
- Short-term / Long-term Disability offered
- Competitive Stock Equity Packages
Here at Jiobit we understand that professional experience can be developed in many ways. If you have relevant skills that don’t show up on your resume, we welcome your candidacy and ask you to share more in an optional cover letter. If your resume doesn't perfectly match these requirements, we'd still strongly encourage you to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Jiobit. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.