Manager, Mainframe Systems Programming at Ensono
The Mainframe Systems Programmer Manager will coordinate and delegate the responsibilities of their assigned IT teams. Oversee the day-to-day functions aligning with their Global Leader(s) responsibilities/duties while maintaining on-going project management and statuses. This may include installation, maintenance, testing, debugging, procedural documentation for their areas of expertise. The Manager will oversee training sessions with resources so that they can be equipped with new knowledge and skills to remain current. Managers will do quarterly reviews, set quarterly and yearly goals, aligning to the Business Unit and Company.
What you will do:
- Provide thought leadership within assigned tower and Business Unit
- Provides Technical support for HW and SW solutions.
- Provide direction to Team Leaders and resources.
- Possess communication skills to participate in client/team/Business unit meetings as well as providing documentation for client operational meetings.
- Enhance the performance of others through mentoring and guiding.
- Keep abreast of changes in the standards, technologies or methodologies
- Provide input to the review process.
- Administer, update, weekly project management documents, aligning projects with client and BU activity.
- Manage team’s ticket queue and following up on aging tickets
- Provide risk assessment and risk management
- Review assignments for accuracy and quality where applicable.
- Delegate responsibilities where applicable.
- Facilitate or coordination of software releases/upgrades or large projects.
- Attend/facilitate client/team meetings where applicable.
- Collaboration with other departments
- Develop, assess, adhere to completion of personnel, departmental, and company goals.
- Participate in and provide timely responses to all internal and external audits
- Participating in on-boarding of new client.
What you will need:
- Knowledge in your area of discipline
- Installation knowledge of ISV SW and IBM Operating systems
- Knowledge of SMP/E or maintenance routines if applicable
- Knowledge in JCL
- Knowledge system IPL processes
- Knowledge of ISPF/TSO
- Microsoft Office skills including Microsoft Project