Manager, Network Expansion at Peapod Digital Labs
Browse the Aisles
This role will lead strategic planning and analysis of network designs and capacity for Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) across the AD Brands and Peapod.com markets. Primary focus of this role integrates the long-range capacity plan with our network design and optimizes current assets (e.g. fulfillment sites, PUP/Click & Collect) while translating additional capacity needs in advance of market constraints and excess demand that can lead to unnecessary sellouts. This role will lead and facilitate a cross functional team made up of Finance (projections), Marketing and Merchandising (Commercial plans) to translate order demand to operational capacity needs across 35-40 fulfillment sites and 1,500 Click and Collect (e.g. warehouses, HSCs, Warerooms and PUP/Click and Collect). Through the development of an integrated planning cycle, this role will translate weekly demand and capacities down to the shift and delivery slot level to ensure Operations (Fulfillment and Transportation) is supporting the capacity by pre-planning fulfillment and driver labor and any additional physical assets (e.g. trucks, new sites) required to meet operational capacity
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. ecommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Develop and maintain a capacity model to manage both theoretical and operational capacities across the AD Brands on a weekly basis – all channels (delivery and click and collect).
- Partner with AD Supply Chain and Real Estate to analyze options that may exist within a Brand (e.g. store downsize options, excess distribution space).
- Identify and manage limits/constraints of current fulfillment capacity while expanding network via fulfillment models required to stay ahead of demand.
- Coordinate weekly and daily capacity settings across the Brands to ensure alignment to budget and sales projections partnering with Finance, Transportation and Sales. - Develop an overall approach and strategy to improve forecasting performance and inventory availability across all key stakeholders (Sales, Merchandising, Replenishment, Marketing, Finance and Operations).
- Facilitate weekly planning across Marketing, Merchandising and Operations to drive improved sales results through planning, marketing tactics and operational hiring to support expected growth.
- Identify short/long term improvements that can be implemented quickly to achieve desired Sales and Operational results.
- Align with Operational Leadership to ensure capacity plans are in synch with the budget.
- Identify any issues preventing Operations from achieving full capacity utilization and quickly triage issues with business leads from all relevant functions to resolve.
- Manage variable (e.g. trucks, carts, labor) inputs that impact capacity and ensure teams are enabling capacity fully without impeding or hampering true operational capacity. - Identify opportunities working directly with Operations, Transportation, Replenishment, Merchandising and Marketing to improve operational capacity (e.g. demand leveling, shift scheduling, service model, etc.)
- Lead and participate on projects that are directly aligned with capacity growth, including support to launch new sites and improve existing operations partnering with Continuous Improvement Team.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred
- Customer focused
- Strong Initiative
- Strategic “Big” Thinker
- Highly organized & planner
- Impact and Influence –
- Attention to detail
- 10-15% Travel
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Supervisory/leadership skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Negotiation skills
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Licenses & Certifications