Manager, Operations - Groupon Goods
Groupon is seeking a Manager, Operations to own key elements of our merchandising strategy for Groupon Goods. Goods is our retail arm dedicated to featuring great deals on great products. You will be using Groupon's user generated content (primarily ratings and reviews) to improve the quality of our assortment in order to increase customer satisfaction, reduce returns, and improve profitability. You will get to build a content pipeline (images, snappy deal content, etc) to better educate our customers about the products we sell prior to purchase. You'll figure out content we need to have and develop and execute a plan to source that content. You'll be looking for any and all ways to improve conversion and make our customers more confident in the Groupon experience.
This role will work closely with Groupon's merchandising and product and tech teams. You'll need to sell your vision to key partners to get them on board. You will blend high level critical thinking with in the details execution to get things done.
- Develop a structured approach to analyzing large amounts of data in order to identify trends in customer ratings and reviews and dig into key sources of customer dissatisfaction
- Identify and prioritize strategic, operational or engineering opportunities related to ratings & reviews and product quality. Gain buy-in from key partners, including tech/product, and run projects to completion
- Manage Groupon reviews on third party websites; partner with customer service to craft a pipeline for customer concerns
- Partner closely with the merchandising team to develop data-backed strategies to boost conversion, improve quality, and build the bottom line
- Identify key gaps in product content and create guidelines for the Groupon vendor community to follow
- Work closely with Groupon tech and operations teams, as well as with vendor partners and 3rd party sources, to source high quality content and build a pipeline to Groupon Goods
- Work with tech and data science to improve Groupon's algorithm that serves up the right product to the right customer at the right time - find opportunities backed by data and test to see what works
- Coordinate cross functionally across merchandising, product management, engineering and operations
- Manage 1 direct report
Experience / Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree and 6+ years experience in an analytically rigorous role; Master’s degree / MBA preferred
- Deeply analytical - you like to roll up your sleeves and dig in
- Prior experience handling complex projects with multiple partners from idea stage through implementation
- Comfort with ambiguity, ability to cut through noise to see opportunity
- Strong Excel skills required, SQL and Tableau experience preferred
- Prior experience in ecommerce a plus
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.