Manager, Security Operations Center at Alliant Credit Union
Start a Rewarding Career with Alliant
What will your day look like?
You will be responsible for providing leadership, as well as operational and tactical direction to diverse teams, including analysts, engineers and architects. The Manager leads the team through the information security program by establishing highly effective policies, corporate protocols and appropriate collaboration among teams. In addition, this leader assumes responsibility for the education and enforcement of those protocols and matters of compliance.
Resources to do the job include a strong technical background and understanding risk, mitigation and technical controls. In addition, strong written and oral communication skills, as well as the ability to communicate detailed, technical information in a manner comprehensible by individuals at varying degrees of experience and skill level is necessary. Required capabilities include the ability to lead initiatives and present content to all levels across the organization, vendors and service providers. The Manager will also contribute to the company IT security strategy and roadmap.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Analyzes technologies and establishes highly effective processes and protocols to ensure comprehensive protection exists to prevent unauthorized entry into the company networks and systems.
- Supports automation and orchestration to maximize team talent and reduce routine tasks.
- Conducts independent verification and validation testing of the company networks and sensitive programs through internal team resources and independent consultant engagements.
- Leads the team to implement secure enterprise systems and identifies issues that could compromise data integrity or security.
- Develops IT security programs and recommends necessary changes to the information security team to ensure the company’s systems are fully compliant with all applicable regulatory requirements and privacy laws.
- Provides periodic training to company employees on information security topics.
- Stays abreast of the security industry threat landscape, specifically within the financial services industry.
- Creates a working environment that is conducive to two-way communication, teamwork and learning.
- Utilizes open communication and managerial courage to ensure the standards, expectations and goals of the organization are respected and upheld.
- Acts as a change agent and drives the department and business forward using effective management, analysis and strategic skills.
- Leads security-related projects from inception to successful completion and is capable of effectively coaching technology staff on appropriate security protocols and needs as they implement new technology into the organization.
- Deliver superior results through quality execution and best practice adaptation
- Demonstrate courage, ability and agility to understand and address organizational transition in real-time; establish expectations for the unexpected
- Translate strategic and operating plans into meaningful direction of projects, goals, priorities and activities; delivering on strategy through quality execution and best practice adaptation
- Capture, analyze, and understand the internal environment, team dynamics, and talent capabilities to address organizational refinement, agility and growth
- Champion Employee/Internal Customer Engagement, employee development and all cultural hallmarks through a strong leadership signature and a growing command of Alliant’s leadership competencies
- Continually assess and provide discerning development, insightful coaching and talent utilization/optimization for direct reports
- Apply High Performance Management practices in leading an engaged workforce in order to effectively leverage the full potential and talent of this function
- Provide a structural and consistent approach to ensure that individual development plans are in place, performance management is consistent, performance management process is respected and followed, and coaching and feedback are provided on a regular and dynamic basis
- Work with your direct reports and help seek out growth opportunities for your reports; continually challenge them to maximize their engagement and productivity
- Help propagate messaging across the organization that fosters a broader knowledge of Information Security, promotes collaboration and influences constructive and positive change
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business or a related field, preferred, and you have:
- At least 8 years of information security monitoring and response or related experience.
- CISSP; CISM and/or SANS certification a plus.
- Experience managing people, including technical staff and has a proven ability to effectively develop, coach and motivate employees.
- Ability to effectively communicate business risk from cybersecurity issues.
- Experience driving measurable improvement in monitoring and response capabilities at scale.
- Experience managing security information and event management (SIEM) systems, threat intelligence platforms, security automation and orchestration solutions, intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS/IPS), file integrity monitoring (FIM), data loss prevention (DLP) and other network and system monitoring tools.
- Experience in investigations using formal chain-of-custody methods, forensic tools and best practices.
- Demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills
- Understands service design and delivery concepts
- Demonstrates solid organizational skills and the ability to multi-task, prioritize workload and delegate responsibilities
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and the ability to make quick decisions and think outside the box when working with complex situations
- Demonstrates a high level of flexibility
- Possesses strong business acumen
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills and is effective at interpreting and applying applicable regulation
- Desire to continually learn and improve approaches and methodologies
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off