Manager, Workplace at Grubhub
We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
The Chicacgo Workplace Manager will be based out of the Chicago office, and is responsible for supporting and managing all the facility related details for the Chicago HQ office.
The right candidate for this office/ facilities position has 5+ years experience, is a self-starter, experienced in large office moves, proactive thinker, experience in management, is organized, has strong communication skills and is a team player. We are looking for someone who is looking forward to upgrading & transforming our office to the next level. This position reports to the Workplace Senior Manager.
The Impact You Will Make
- Responsible for managing facilities supportive staff for all of the locations listed above (office coordinator, facilities specialist, receptionist) by establishing and maintaining policy and procedure for the team members
- Act as primary liaison with building management and hold accountable for maintenance needs
- Lead and manage all internal office desk and furniture moves
- Lead and manage Return To Office needs
- Manage the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards
- Allocate office space according to needs - upkeep of space plans
- Establish and enforce new Workplace policies & procedures
- Inspect tenant and building space and structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations
- Review utility consumption and strive to minimize waste
- Supervise facilities vendors (custodians, day porters, technicians, etc)
- Oversight of facility vendors on site to follow building protocols (parking, freight elevators, COI submittal, etc.)
- Manage return-to-work processes and technology needs as we navigate through pandemic and human resource issues
- Oversee pantry needs and work directly with pantry vendors to ensure budget tracking and employee experience is on track
- Resolve facility maintenance issues (kitchen, carpet, pest control, etc.)
- Provide top customer service for our employees
- Maintain strong communication with Workplace Director, Sr. National Workplace Manager, peers and other team members
- Partner with internal teams to ensure company standards are maintained (i.e. manage IDF room cleanliness, HR, other projects)
- Work closely with Security team to enforce company policies
- Keep office organized, clutter free, and manage/create cleaning schedule
- Experience in office decommission, build outs, and moves is a plus
- Recommend and execute project needs to ensure Workplace experience is consistent with Grubhub culture
- Workplace experience is consistent with Grubhub culture
- Occasional off hours may be required
- Light travel may be required
What You Bring to the Table
- 5+ years of workplace/operations experience with a medium-large sized company
- Project management background is a plus!
- Collaborative personality. Ability to work inter-departmentally to ensure operations are running smoothly
- Ability to manage budget/spend
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Very organized and detailed oriented as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Skills in Google suite: GMail, GCal, GDocs and MS Office
- College Degree Preferred
- OSHA certification is a plus
- IFMA organization familiarity and involvement
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO . Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: Grubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated. Candidates must confirm vaccination status at time of hire, and must provide proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination within 2 weeks of starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]