Managing Director at closerlook, inc.
About the job
closerlook’s Managing Director is a skilled relationship builder, possessing deep pharma marketing experience and a proven ability to make meaningful connections. They are particularly skilled in unifying and motivating cross-functional teams toward strategic thinking and marketing solutions to achieve our client’s business goals. This person can assess the perspectives of team members to ultimately own the final decision on agency recommendations and escalation issues for their book of business.
The person in this role can listen, interpret and anticipate client needs grounded in extensive knowledge of all aspects of the client’s business, markets and marketing mix. The Managing Director is constantly seeking and partnering with our clients and internal teams to generate innovative ideas that drive more and better engagement for our client’s brands and strengthen our client’s business.
- Has deep knowledge of the pharma industry and all dimensions and stakeholders of the client’s business, beyond those that closerlook manages
- Possesses experience across all dimensions of planning, building and optimizing a multi-channel marketing plan within the pharma space, including paid, owned and earned media. Understands strategic role of various channels in driving the brand toward its business goals
- Provide strategic counsel to clients by solving specific client business problems and delivering recommendations that meets the client’s business needs and establish closerlook as a valued partner
- Ensure that insights, research, and data analytics are an integral part of our client counsel and recommendations which includes integrating our offerings and developing a strong cohesive narrative
- Able to independently author a compelling strategic point of view with supporting strategic rationale to support the recommendations of the firm
- An excellent presenter, the Managing Director is highly skilled in storytelling, delivering compelling and persuasive presentations to our clients
- Maintains expertise of industry trends, associated solutions, and key partner and competitor solutions
Client Relationship Building
- Exhibits mastery in leading positive client relationships in complex situations, resolving client issues and growing client engagement
- Builds and nurtures relationships at senior levels within the client organization through regular communication and leadership of quarterly business reviews
- Able to triage and manage the most sensitive client discussions, including those related to escalation issues
- Owns the final decision on agency recommendations and escalation discussions related to client relationship issues
- Knows how our client’s performance is measured and grounds agency solutions in what matters most to our clients
Agency Team Leadership
- Exhibits superior interpersonal skills to manage, motivate, direct, and unify teams toward common business goals
- Exhibit highly developed probing, listening and feedback skills, resulting in clarification and confirmation of client needs. Guide others to do the same.
- Maintains regular and consistent communication with senior team members of other functions to ensure alignment on company objectives
- Ensures the quality of the work and client needs are being addressed
- Excellent at consensus building, thoughtfully assessing perspective to ensure cross-functional expertise is represented in the agency’s thinking and work
- Ensure predictable delivery of quality, consistency and scale across the agency
Financial Acumen and Business Growth
- Manages a book of business with a portfolio of individual clients/brands and total annual revenue of $7.5M+
- Attains and exceeds annual revenue plan for individual clients/brands within a book of business through direct and team-based selling
- Accountable for achievement of profitability targets, staffing plans and partnering with the Finance, HR and Operations teams on resource requests and deployment
- Partners with Director of Business Development and cross-functional teams in pursuit (organic and RFP) efforts
- Identifies and partners to aggressively pursue new and upsell opportunities as well as protect against competitive threats
- Develops value propositions with marketing and cross-functional leaders to drive demand for new offerings and competitive differentiation
- 10 or more years of experience in marketing or marketing-related roles within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Agency experience required.
- Experience in digital marketing and fully integrated marketing projects.
- Experience leading books of business with yearly revenues of $7.5 million or more.
- Proven ability to develop new business opportunities and significantly grow revenues within an existing client base.
- Experience gaining access and building relationships with VP level leadership at the client organization.
ABOUT CLOSERLOOK, INC.
closerlook is a new type of marketing agency that helps biopharma brands make a difference in the lives of patients and those who care for them.
We focus on what matters most—the combination of better patient outcomes and bigger business impact.
Learn more at closerlook.com
EQUALITY FOR ALL: AT THE HEART OF WHAT MATTERS
- At closerlook, equality for all is a core value that’s at the heart of what matters. We believe in building a diverse and inclusive culture across race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, mental health, and physical ability. We celebrate our differences and champion diverse thinking to drive innovation — in a safe environment so everyone can be their authentic selves. By valuing and promoting our different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences as strengths, we are positioned to best serve patients, healthcare professionals, and the communities around us.