Manger, Service Technology
Strong Growth and Profitability
OppLoans has grown 1,500 percent over the last three years, with 2018 marking the third year in a row we made the Inc. 500. We have facilitated almost a billion dollars of loans since our inception and surpassed $130 million of annual revenue in 2018. In 2019, we project to double revenue, while maintaining profitability.
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our borrowers are saying on Google and the BBB!
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and generous benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the happiest offices in the country. We were recently named the 3rd fastest-growing startup by Built In Chicago and are looking to hire 100 new employees in 2019. In 2018, Glassdoor named us the 6th best place to work in the nation. Check out our reviews to see why our employees love us!
BizOps is the intersection of Business, Product, and Operations. The Manager, Business Operations role is a cross-functional, highly-visible role, that will be the central hub to key stakeholders across various functions such as Credit, Marketing, Technology, etc.
- Program Management & Improvement.
- Manage multiple internal programs and processes, including but not limited to sourcing new / innovative technology vendors, building relationships with vendor contacts, assisting in user management and guidelines, troubleshooting, and ongoing maintenance.
- Become the subject matter expert in developing, maintaining, and enhancing programs; Five9, Genesys, Salesforce, Bold360, and Ambition.
- Optimize existing tools to better serve different teams and customers like Salesforce and telephony, reporting and metric, and gamification platforms.
- Manage the operation and implementation of new technologies like chatbot, speech to text, document management, optical character recognition (OCR), and knowledgebase systems.
- Partner with development and product teams to create enhancements in order to improve functionality. Ensure development remains on schedule.
- Organize the onboarding process for new vendors including communication, legal and compliance documentation, term negotiation, and product implementation.
- Strategy & Analytics.
- Develop and own strategies to reduce multi-channel customer contacts via the advancement of tools and technologies, implementing customer self-service tools, and improvements to the customer experience and sales floor.
- Provide data-oriented strategic recommendations that optimize the conversion funnel, increase customer engagement, and improve the sales process and workflows. Develop and Implement revenue-generating and cost-saving initiatives to improve efficiency and scale the business.
- Lead process improvement and automation initiatives for the sales and customer service teams with the Training, Work Force, Quality, and Operations teams.
- Manage and communicate changes around new processes, initiatives, and systems changes in conjunction with the Product and Sales teams.
- Mentor junior team members and build out BizOps team.
- Mid - Senior
- 4-8 years of work experience with the majority in a data analytics and / or operations & program management capacity.
- Masters of Science or MBA a plus.
- Programming experience required - SQL / R / Python.
- High degree of proficiency working with data. Experience in analytics, implementing strategic recommendations based on those analyses, and data visualization.
- Familiarity with telephony and gamification platforms like Five9 and Ambition.
- Demonstrated skill in developing automated business systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially in conveying analytical and technical findings to key stakeholders.
- Ability to tackle ambiguous and complicated problems, create rigorous solution methodologies, and execute quickly.
- All-around “athlete” who is intellectually curious, highly analytical, purposefully strategic, and able to collaborate or work independently to get things done.
- Must already be authorized to work in the USA.
- No relocation assistance provided, local Chicago applicants preferred.
- Competitive Benefit package
- Free PPO Medical plan option with BCBS.
- Flexible Spending accounts & Health Saving plans with employer contribution up to $500.
- Dental, Vision, Accident coverage.
- Disability plans & Life insurance 100% employer paid.
- Wellness & EAP Programs.
- CTA, Metra & parking programs.
- Opportunities to donate to charity.
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks & drinks available including a Bevi machine and unlimited free coffee.
- Subsidized daily lunches.
- Free gym membership onsite.
- Free shuttle passes to Metra stations.
- Casual dress policy.
- Discounted Divvy memberships.
- 401(k) plan with employer match that is fully vested upon enrollment.
- Employee and peer recognition program.
- Dynamic start-up culture in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make an immediate impact in a growth stage company.
- Flexible paid vacation policy.
- Intramural sports leagues.
- Weekly office events including but not limited to: happy hours, massages, trivia & game nights, private yoga sessions, catered breakfasts & lunches, professional development seminars, fitness classes, etc.
- Dual monitors and stand-up workstations.
- Convenient downtown Chicago office located in the heart of the city.
- Awesome panoramic office view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.
- Equal opportunity employer.