WHO WE ARE
Centro delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Centro is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Toronto, Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Post-COVID, many of us will be returning to one of our offices (by choice, not requirement -- we believe results matter more than where they are produced). This position and all of our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Centro’s IT team manages the technical solutions that allow each Centron to do their job. This team oversees a mid-sized, modern, secure network of over 700 clients running primarily Windows 10, with a dose of MacOS for good measure. Window Server and CentOS rule the server landscape. No matter the issue, this dedicated team provides Raving Fan service for all problems big and small. While their days are sometimes unpredictable, their commitment to learning and educating one another on our increasingly complex network remains constant.
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
You will have a proven track record of leading a team of knowledgeable support specialists with the end goal of providing raving-fan service for all IT issues, large or small. You will provide extensive knowledge to coach new technicians and adhere to their soft skills when working with key stake holders to find the question behind their question before offering a solution. You will contribute by:
- Overseeing Help Desk Support team to ensure success in core initiatives: ticket resolution, workstation deployment, software development & patching, account provisioning, end user training, and continued team education
- Maintaining existing documentation and create new documentation as required
- Collaborating on department projects and goals
- Hardware Inventory Administration
- Monitoring ticket progress and SLA metrics to promote raving-fan service
- Acting as point of escalation for support issues
- Assisting T&D (Talent & Development) in account deprovisioning and asset recovery
- Providing direct support for office relocations and expansions
- Assisting Director of IT with departmental functions, including:
- Equipment purchasing and vendor relations
- Driving adoption of core technologies through advocacy, evangelism, & training initiatives
- Integrating projects with other information systems
- Providing project management and support on core projects
- Promoting cross-functional training to build and maintain talent pipeline
- Identifying opportunities to improve and update software and systems
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 6+ years of professional experience in IT roles
- 2+ years management experience
- Familiarity with ticketing systems, SLAs, and common metrics
- Experience supporting Microsoft technologies such as Windows 10, Active Directory, Group Policy, Azure AD, & O365
- Fundamental knowledge in supporting TCP/IP networks, wireless, and VPN technologies
- Experience supporting Apple computers
- Knowledge of new office setups, including cabling and hardware installation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in and contribute to a team environment
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to identify and develop resolutions to complex problems, along with recognizing reoccurring issues and performing root cause analysis
- Self-motivated with the ability to follow directions, complete time-sensitive tasks and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Strong planning and organizational skills, with the ability to document processes and procedure
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with a true desire to help fellow employees
- Knowledge of desktop management solutions such as SCCM and JAMF
- Familiarity with the Zendesk ticketing system
Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH CENTRO
We take care of our people and believe that Centro’s success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a work from home stipend for employees in closed offices, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams of Centrons that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.