MQ System Programmer
Provide premium software support and services to Ensono mainframe clients as they relate to Mainframe MQ systems.
What you will do:
• Fulfill customer service orders (CSOs) for mainframe z/OS and distributed customers in a timely manner as they pertain to IBM MQ and related OEM software products.
• Provide primary support for reported problems related to IBM MQ and related OEM software products.
• Provide support on a 24 x 7 x 365 basis and in multiple time zones.
• Follow procedures for installing OEM software products efficiently and according to best practices and Ensono standards (for productivity/scalability purposes).
• Provide key support for customer migration services (new customer transitions) as they pertain to IBM MQ and related OEM software products.
• Assist the assigned project manager in the migration of newly acquired customers such that all technical hurdles are addressed in a timely manner and do not impede the expected progress of the transition nor the targeted migration date.
• In joint cooperation with the Disaster Recovery Services, successfully execute tasks associated with any given customer’s disaster recovery plans.
• Adhere to a schedule that efficiently manages resources and allows timely implementations.
• Follow ITSM change control procedures
What you will need:
• Bachelor’s degree required and/or equivalent work experience.
• 10+ years’ experience on the Series (mainframe) platform including “hands-on” technical experience (installation and maintenance of products) related to IBM MQ
- 5+ years’ experience in IBM MQ distributed environment including "hands-on" technical experience (installation and maintenance of products) related to IBM MQ distributed.
• Thorough working knowledge of the capabilities and use of IBM MQ installation and tailoring of IBM MQ
• Thorough working knowledge and experience with the use of IBM’s SMP/E.
• Strong analytical skills and understanding of MQ concepts, configuration, and tailoring.
• Thorough working knowledge of products used to monitor the performance of MQ queues.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently.
• Must be able to multi-task and work under short deadlines and in high- pressure situations.
• Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentations)
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- IBM Integration Bus (IIB) / Message Broker experience a plus.
Location and Standard Working Hours:
· Location: DG/Conway, US
· Shift: 8 am to 5 pm, Local time
On-call, overtime and scheduled weekend work required.