National Events Coordinator at Guaranteed Rate
About Guaranteed Rate
Guaranteed Rate is eighth largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. The company has become The Home Purchase Experts® by offering industry-leading self-service tools and low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Headquartered in Chicago with approximately 3,000+ employees in 200+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with more than $23 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in the past year.
Guaranteed Rate has been able to expand successfully nationwide through a business model that allows top originators to join the company and close more loans faster through its technology, pricing, process and support. The company now has more top loan originators in the annual national rankings from mortgage industry publications Mortgage Executive, Scotsman Guide and Origination News than any other bank or mortgage company. Having gone through explosive growth Guaranteed Rate has maintained being highly entrepreneurial while maintaining a healthy work life balance. If you’re interested in working with motivated and intelligent people while disrupting an industry then we want to talk with you.
Who is GR?
Guaranteed Rate is not your typical company and certainly not your typical mortgage company. We’re technology driven, have tons of energy and we love what we do – great people and great products alongside our impeccable customer service (83 NPS, unheard of!). We’re in a Ravenswood loft style office building with exposed brick and duct work, and windows we can actually open during the summer. The awesomeness doesn’t end there, we also have:
- Not just major holidays, we have any holiday parties -- Mardi Gras, Valentine’s Day, St. Paddy’s Day, Opening Day, Boxing Day, you get the picture.
- Access to our free nurse practitioner/acupuncturist and massage therapist.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health care coverage – dental, vision, short-term disability, life insurance and a 401(k) plan.
- Best of all, we help you become a homeowners with a big fat employee discount on the origination fees. Already own? We offer discounted refinances through Guaranteed Rate.
What's the Role?
Guaranteed Rate is looking for a National Events Coordinator. You’re a multi-tasking, detail oriented professional who can execute any project from start to finish without missing a beat. There’s lots to do around here and you love getting the job done right - the bar is set high and you like it that way. You have exceptional communication and time management skills, like to think outside the box, and thrive in a fast paced environment.
So what do we want from you?
- Plan/execute event details to ensure cohesive results for GRI’s image and brand identity at events
- Impeccable customer service – you’ll be interacting with hundreds of Loan Officers across the US to help execute their perfect event.
- Negotiate with venues, event organizers, contractors, and hotels on agenda and cost proposals until contract completion
- Organize leisure outings including offsite tours, group activities, dining and social experiences
- Direct the planning/execution of timelines and logistics for each event
- Creation of marketing materials and signage consistent with GRI image
- Create, maintain and execute event budget within the pre-approved expenditure allotments
- Manage multiple events at one time
- Creativity! How can this event be cooler, more fun or unique?
- Assist with onsite activation for large corporate events
- Patience and a positive attitude. Our company is rapidly growing so we have a constant influx of new Loan Officer’s; we want to make sure we are here to answer any questions, brainstorm cool event ideas and help them grow their business using our team.
Here’s the experience we’d like you to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or another related field required
- 2+ years event planning/coordination
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to meet strict deadlines
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.