Network Architect (Design & Implementation)
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is seeking a Network Architect (Design and Implementation) for our Security and Infrastructure Practice. As a Network Architect, you will focus on serving clients with strategy, planning, designing, and building and deploying converged network and security infrastructures. From a planning perspective, you will work with clients to understand key business objectives and drivers, and design network components to support those requirements to develop an overall network and security architecture. Design involves working with clients and network hardware and service vendors to engineer the network infrastructure and security solution based on client guidelines and requirements. Building and deploying activities involve building and configuring the network infrastructure and security solution components, and migrating users and data to the new environment. The ideal resource for this position will possess knowledge and experience in architecture, engineering, and deploying network infrastructure and security solutions, and should have technical experience (hands-on implementation) in these areas. In addition, you should also possess strong project management and work planning skills, and the ability to interact with client personnel at all levels, as well as understands the network implications of business requirements.
What will you be doing?
· Assess current state business processes and supporting technical architecture, gathering and defining business and technical requirements, and developing new business processes and supporting designs for clients
· Collaborate face-to-face with clients and West Monroe Partners’ project teams to implement processes and technology that support various technical and business functions
o Work with clients to develop strategy around networking and telecommunication
§ Plan, organize, and manage network-related work streams or projects
· Take entrepreneurial ownership of the practice by contributing to the development of reusable methodologies and solutions for client engagements
· Develop detailed network designs in the following areas: on-premises data (LAN, WAN, Data Center), Cloud (AWS, Azure), and Network Security (Firewalls, IDS/IPS)
o On-premises implementations (Cisco IOS, ASA, Nexus, Meraki, Palo Alto, Fortigate, Juniper, Nokia/Alcatel-Lucent) and configuration associated with Layer 2 switching (VLANs, STP, vPC, LACP), Layer 3 routing (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP), Network Security (ACLs, NATs, IPsec VPNs, SSL remote access VPNs), and QoS
o Hybrid cloud network implementations, either in AWS VPCs or Azure VNETs via either VPN or dedicated circuits (ExpressRoute or Direct Connect)
o Experience with Software Defined Networking (SDN) or Network Function Virtualization (NFV) concepts such as orchestration via OpenDaylight or other orchestration controllers
o Network-oriented automation and tool familiarity (Python tools, NETCONF/YANG models)
o Advising, planning, and implementing datacenter orchestration solutions (Cisco ACI, VMware NSX)
o Network services, such as load balancers, RADIUS, TACACS, DNS, DHCP and network monitoring tools
· Perform assessments of existing client network infrastructures and document "as-is" environments
o Organize project work into client presentations, outlining findings and recommendations for C-level executives
o Tracks industry technology trends to understand how new innovations and solutions shape the way that we help our clients.
Desired Skills and Experience
· Must have an associate-level certification in a well-known vendor (CCNA, JNCIA, NRS I) with network management knowledge
· 5 years of experience designing, building, and deploying networking solutions
· 1+ total years of consulting experience is preferred
· Professional level certifications in a well-known vendor (CCNP, JNCIP, NRS II) or higher preferred
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business, or related field
· Willingness to travel for out-of-town client engagements, at least 50%.
Think you’ve got what it takes? Join our team and make us better
*copy and paste text here
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.