How You Can Make an Impact
Data is at the core of everything we do at Geneva Trading. We take pride in delivering the highest quality network solutions to meet the evolving business requirements of our high throughput, latency sensitive environment. Our Network Engineers are expected to monitor existing networks and partner with vendors to establish forward-thinking design considerations with regards to platform improvements, feature enhancements, and cutting-edge network design.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about networking and self-motivated to seek out solutions while continually improving existing infrastructure. The ideal person excels at multi-tasking and is comfortable working in a high-demand environment.
- Monitor network infrastructure at OSI layers 1-3.
- Build additional and curate existing alerting and reporting mechanisms.
- Design resilient and performant network solutions to emerging business ventures.
- Work closely with DevOps team to improve automation and delivery of services.
- Provide daily support of existing network environments.
- Troubleshoot very technically detailed network issues.
- Collaborate a team providing 24/7 support to the firm.
- Interface and collaborate with core technical teams on project support and critical brainstorm sessions.
- Partner with venue teams for service turn up and issues resolution.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT-related field of study and networking certifications preferred, CCNA highly preferred
- Prior experience working within the financial services industry preferred
- Experience with the following items is required:
- Cisco networking equipment, configuration, and monitoring
- Layer 1 replication and capture techniques
- Troubleshooting TCP-related performance and quality issues
- Data center management
- Routing protocols including BGP and OSPF; others a benefit as well
- Switching techniques and configurations supporting Port Channels, redundancy, and VLAN management
- Knowledge of fiber cabling and circuit provisioning/delivery
- Understanding of PIM and Multicast routing techniques and troubleshooting
- Python scripting experience preferred
- Exposure to lab environments to demonstrate and test new functionality/designs
- Ability to think critically during high-pressure situations as they arise
Who We Are
Geneva Trading LLC is a global principal trading firm founded in 1999 with offices in Chicago, Dublin, and Singapore. Our dedication to the improvement and optimization of our best-in-class proprietary technology allows our firm to complete on all levels in the global trading industry. We pride ourselves on a collaborative culture of integrity, trust, passion, and dedication to personal excellence. Our flat organizational structure and casual environment attracts individuals with the drive to innovate and has led to our consistent success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.