222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our Managed Services team executes our “run” offering on behalf of our clients. We are a team of enthusiasts always focused on improving our execution and our client’s performance. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up for the challenge?
As a Network Engineer, you will provide operational support for LAN and WAN technologies such as switches, routers, VPN boxes, and circuits. In addition to support, you will be involved in building and configuring network infrastructure and security solution components at clients. The ideal resource for this position will possess knowledge and experience in supporting network infrastructure and security solutions, and should have technical experience (hands-on implementation) in these areas. In addition, you should also possess strong project management and work planning skills, and the ability to interact with client personnel.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the ability to:
* Maintain a high level of knowledge on the deployment of network and voice technologies.
* Perform traffic engineering analysis on network facilities.
* Knowledge of network equipment including Cisco routers, and switches.
* Knowledge of network protocols, technologies, services, and monitoring tools.
* Maintain and update system and network documentation.
* Assist in compiling training materials to support operational requirements
* Design and implement data networks.
* Coordination and execution of network deployment activities.
* Report project status on a weekly basis.
* Performs network implementation services in conjunction with infrastructure teams.
* Follow established development processes and standards for all work. Identify and propose improvements to the processes and standards as necessary.
* Participate in complex projects with minimal supervision or guidance.
* Manage vendor and/or product provisioning, procurement, and delivery of LAN and WAN hardware, and delivery of data services
* Acts as a resource for infrastructure projects for voice/data network design, development, and implementation.
* Establish and maintain good working relationships with clients.
* We are seeking highly motivated individuals who meet the following criteria:
* Efficiently manage multiple tasks and contribute in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
* Problem-solver, with natural innovative and analytical skills
* Upbeat, friendly, motivated, and positive team builder
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent required
* 2 - 5 years minimum of similar work experience in a client facing role
* Must have experience supporting and implementing network infrastructure (firewalls, routers, switches).
* Excellent organizational, time management, verbal and written communication skills
* Cisco CCNA certification or higher preferred
* Willingness to travel to Chicagoland area clients
Think you've got what it takes? Join our team and make us better.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.