Network Traffic Management Engineer
The Team: Fueling the technologies that drive our products and support our company`s infrastructure, the technology team within our corporate team consists of talented developers, network architects, and IT experts who help make technology one of Morningstar`s core strengths. Though our technologists represent a range of skills and knowledge bases, they all view technology as a craft and care deeply about creating positive user experiences. From agile methodologies to mobile applications to software as a service (SaaS) delivered from our private cloud, we push technology`s boundaries to build scalable, elegant solutions that help investors reach their financial goals.
The Role: Working in the infrastructure team, Morningstar is looking for a Network Traffic Management Engineer to join the US Server and Traffic management team working from the Chicago office. Candidates should have a core skillset supporting F5 BigIP/GTM/DNS services/devices and an in depth knowledge of traffic management, a can-do attitude and be happy picking up tasks not necessarily in their core skill set.
- Managing and maintaining the operational integrity of our systems.
- Provide innovative solutions to meet Morningstar’s technical requirements.
- Respond to incidents and alerts
- Provide out of hours technical support when required.
- Participation in the planning, development and delivery of projects.
- Provision of new and updated documentation and knowledge articles
- At least 3 years’ of F5 BIG IP, GTM/DNS device experience
- Internal and External DNS support experience
- Certificate Management experience
- 3 years’ experience supporting Linux and/or Windows environments
- Experience of security standards, best practices and principles.
- Excellent teamwork and organizational skills, flexibility, and the ability to handle and lead multiple tasks
- Strong time management skills - the ability to balance high quality work standards against time constraints.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- ITIL V3 foundation
- Cisco UCS
- Cisco networking
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.