Office Lead at KAR Global
Love cars, technology and data? So do we. KAR Auction Services (NYSE:KAR) is a global Fortune 700 company headquartered in the Indianapolis suburb of Carmel, Indiana, with 18,000 employees across the United States, Canada, Mexico and the United Kingdom. Our diverse team helps the world's largest automotive manufacturers, financial institutions, insurance companies and dealer groups buy, sell and trade used vehicles. DRIVIN is our Chicago-based innovation and Data Science hub—where our team of data scientists and analysts create new products and help power the sale of more than 5.95 million units valued at over $40 billion through our physical, online, and digital/mobile auction marketplaces.
We move quickly, and we're looking for go-getters that are addicted to the thrill of creating new products and features and diving deep into rich data. Sound like you? We’re looking for an Office Lead to roll up their sleeves and help transform one of the largest, most dynamic industries in the word.
Manage the Chicago DRIVIN office, a division of KAR Auction Services. The Office Lead will direct, administer and coordinate all office services at DRIVIN. This includes managing and approving key vendor relationships that support office operations, establishing a positive work environment and ensuring convenience of amenities. The Office Lead will also play a large role in culture development, working directly with the DRIVIN leadership team.
This role reports to the Human Resources Manager within the Chicago DRIVIN office.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead all office related activity for an office of roughly 100 people.
- Ensure company’s culture is inspiring and engaging promoting a positive work environment. Lead meetings to plan office activities and maintain company events budget.
- Participate in office promotion activities, working with DRIVIN leadership, to help acquire new talent and position DRIVIN as a cutting-edge, fun and engaging place to work.
- Participate and in most cases, lead all office celebration events both inside the office and outside the office.
- Prepare and oversee all office related purchase orders, maintain inventory and order all supplies for the office. Maintain snacks/drinks supply on a regular basis.
- Working with the Finance team, own the office related budget and adhere to monthly financial requirements. Review monthly office budget/ spend with Finance and the DRIVIN General Manager.
- Be the lead from DRIVIN on key office related vendor relationships; including but not limited to 600 West Chicago building management, building security, Fooda and the RNG gym.
- Assist with the Program Administration of vendor contracts, maintenance agreements, special pricing, purchase orders, office housekeeping, furniture, and office floor plans, supplies, etc. for all office equipment (i.e. copiers, printers, etc.).
- Monitor all facility conditions, property and equipment within corporate standards for cleanliness, proper maintenance and safety. Conduct weekly inspections to determine if appearance meets these standards and advise Facilities of all breakdown and maintenance needs immediately.
- Lead the development and enforcement of all office safety programs. Participate in safety committee meetings and the emergency response team. Ensure all area conditions do not threaten employee or customer safety.
- Assist Human Resources Manager with onboarding process.
- Ensure proper follow-through on all directives, bulletins and schedules from corporate sources.
- Assist with catering / meal planning and arrange for travel, as requested.
- Assist in daily sorting of mail and packages and greeting visitors and clients.
Other duties as assigned.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications: High School diploma or GED is required. At
least three (3) years prior work experience as an Office Lead or similar work experience required.
Familiarity with concepts, procedures and processes typically used in an office services area.
Good organizational, clerical and verbal communication skills. Must be able to work in a team
oriented environment. Strong organizational, clerical, numerical and verbal communication skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Project Management experience helpful.
The physical activity requirements of the position are Light Physical Work.
Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception and field of vision comparable to definitions for Clerical, Administrative, Machine Operators (including inspection) positions.
- Constant – sitting, walking, standing, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, repetitive motions
- Occasional – stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, traveling