Addison Group is searching for an Office Manager to support our corporate office in downtown Chicago. The Office Manager position plays a crucial role in the success of the internal staff within an office. Without the support of the Office Manager, the Recruiters and BDMs are not able to successfully meet with Clients, place Candidates on assignment, or ensure that all necessary legal paperwork is compliant. The successful candidate will understand the time sensitive nature of the requests they receive and have the ability to prioritize their day to maximize the effectiveness of the team members that they support. They will provide structure within an office to alleviate any additional workload from the management staff. This role will work closely with the managers within an office to ensure compliance, consistency, and efficiency across all channels.
Addison Group is a leading staffing firm based in Chicago, IL that specializes in connecting opportunities and candidates in Administration & HR, Engineering, Finance & Accounting, Financial Services, Healthcare, and Information Technology. Founded in 1999, Addison Group has now established a coast to coast presence, with 22 offices nationwide: Austin, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago (HQ), Cupertino, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Minneapolis, Nashville, New York, Oklahoma City, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Reston, Rockville, San Antonio, San Francisco, Schaumburg, Seattle, Tulsa, and Washington, DC.
Named a “Top 50” Fastest Growing Company, Addison Group continues to achieve success and growth while fostering a competitive yet team-oriented environment. Addison Group is an Inavero’s Best of Staffing winner for the past six years. Addison Group is focused on organic growth—each year we promote people from within to open new branches and lines of business. Addison Group is a team-oriented work environment with a work hard/play hard atmosphere—Addison has been recognized by many publications as one of the top best places to work for the past five years. Visit our website to learn more: addisongroup.com
The position duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as primary contact for vendors, building management, security, and the maintenance staff within the Chicago office.
- Serve as point of contact for any office issues or questions; create and manage all internal Chicago work orders and requests.
- Supervise the maintenance, upkeep, and appearance of the office facility and equipment; escalate any issues to building management or the proper vendor, including managing national supply agreements for all offices related to postage, shredding services with Iron Mountain, and other national purchases.
- Conduct daily office walk-throughs to ensure the environment is safe, all common areas are clean and presentable, and everything is in proper working condition; Partner with the building management and facilities to address any safety, security, or maintenance issues – relay any necessary issues to appropriate people.
- Responsible for the ordering, upkeep, and stocking of supplies.
- Coordinate group meetings; provide support for any necessary detail – food, transportation, materials and clean up following each event.
- Plan, organize, implement and manage various office team engagement activities, functions and special events (ex: potlucks, contests, happy hours, lunches, etc.) with the Marketing team.
- Execute day-to-day office tasks that ensure the workplace is clean, appealing and running smoothly.
- Partner with members of other teams to help promote a company culture that encourages morale and performance. Update Faces of Addison for all hires in the office.
- Collaborate, as necessary, with our IT department for employee needs, distribution of building access keys, coordination of desk moves and setup, repairs and maintenance of our office equipment.
- Communicate internal office and building-wide initiatives and announcements.
- Serve as back up to support the administrative team.
- Administrative point of contact for Sales members in the office.
- Type various documents and electronic information, including formatting resumes, creating candidate contracts
- Organize and update relevant data in Bullhorn, including parsing resumes, data entry of applications, and entering all payroll documentation.
- Maintain all confidential information for candidates while dealing with payroll paperwork, as well as any documentation for drug screens, background checks, etc.
- Communicate and provide information by relevant methods internally to the team you are supporting.
- Implement actions according to pre-established administrative policies and procedures.
- Arrange and participate in meetings, conferences, and project team activities, as required.
- Back up in the rotation to answer and transfer inbound calls in a timely manner, ensuring short on-hold time.
- Hire front desk staff to be approved by the Regional Administrative Manager (RAM).
- Must be highly customer service oriented and proactive versus reactive.
Individuals in this position work in a team environment, while being held accountable for meeting goals and deadlines. Office Managers must be results-oriented with a high sense of urgency and ability to work with a variety of personalities. Addison Group will provide you with the necessary training and professional career development you need to succeed in this position.
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Experience in Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Four-year degree
- Experience in a support role