Office Manager/Exec Team Assistant
We are building a company at the intersection of tech and logistics; creating a high achieving, thoughtful, inclusive, and people-centric culture. We're a group of passionate professionals with backgrounds across supply chain, logistics, bots, product, and engineering.
Working together, we are creating a better transportation experience for our Team, Carriers, and Customers. We have a loft space in Fulton Market that is built around collaboration and openness. It is also dog friendly and has a meditation room!
CoLane (formerly Fraight AI) is a workflow automation company disguised as a freight brokerage. We’re automating the $300B Contract Truckload Freight Market with a Human + Machine, tech-enabled services approach.
We're building Archie (our AI bot) to be able to automate 80% of the boring, routine tasks that are critical to the life of a freight broker, allowing our team to deliver quality and consistency while focusing on problems only people can solve.
Our leadership has founded 7 companies (including 5 exits) and CoLane has been recognized by Built-In Chicago as 50 Startups to Watch in 2018, ChicagoInno, and FreightWaves Best in Show.
We are seeking an individual who is ready, able, and willing to dig in and get the job done. Someone who is able to juggle multiple responsibilities and tasks at once. We are looking for a candidate who is not afraid to ask clarifying questions and for help when needed. We would love someone with a growth mindset, who is adaptive and can thrive in an ever changing environment.
About the Role:
You will be in a role that requires high energy and a proactive, forward-thinking mentality. In addition to handling traditional administrative duties, you will play a key role in facilitating internal and external communication and will collaborate with various departments on special projects. This role will begin as Part Time (16-20 hrs/week) and has the potential to grow into Full Time mid-August.
Provide general administrative support
- Manage busy, ever-changing calendars
- Plan meetings and events, ensuring all presentations and materials are prepared
- Act as a liaison between the Executive Team and internal staff
- Basic document tasks
- Respond to emails on behalf of CEO
- Task management
- Run occasional personal errands
- *This role has the potential to grow into full time 8/15/19 and can take on basic accounting duties*
- Minimum of five years of relatable experience
- Excellent written/verbal communication and organizational skills
- Upbeat and energetic personality; ability to be assertive and proactive
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Competitive base salary
- Equity grant, so each person in the company is rewarded and feels a sense of ownership as the company grows
- 401k plan available with a variety of investment options
- CoLane covers 75% of team member’s medical, dental and vision insurance premiums
- Delicious snacks and beverages provided by CoLane
- Weekly team lunches sponsored by CoLane
Family & Vacation
- Paid family leave and flexible work from home upon returning from leave
- Flexible work from home policy
- 9 paid holidays per year
- 5 weeks paid time off per year
- Ventra pre-tax benefit program
- Learning resources (books, subscriptions, etc)
- Solid tools. Fast mac, big monitor, nice headphones
- Monthly team events outside of the office
- Weekly all hands meetings
Commitment to Diversity:
We get it. The demographics of tech companies don’t match up with America. We believe in changing that and we are actively looking for candidates from all backgrounds. We intend to challenge the status quo in tech demographics by introducing innovative recruiting and HR practices that seek out, support, and join individuals from diverse backgrounds
Read Full Job Description