Office Manager/Executive Assistant at Paro
This position is responsible for managing day to day office administrative office operations at Paro, will support the CEO as an Executive Assistant and will partner with the People Team to ensure all new hires & guests are given a top notch experience when they visit or join Paro.
Vision: We are creating an alternative employment model for the future of finance work. By capitalizing on the rise of the freelance/gig economy, we are disrupting the $150bn antiquated accounting industry.
Through technology, we bring work directly to the highest quality finance and accounting professionals and provide them with the tools they need to manage and grow their own books of business. At the end of our day, our purpose is simple: Empower people to do what they love.
Culture: Collaboration is key to the Paro Home Team. Together, we curate an open environment and encourage constant feedback to create great experiences for our freelancers and guarantee success for our clients. We live and breathe our values and have a whole lot of fun along the way.
What We Do:
We help growing companies gain confidence in their finances. Paro matches businesses with the highest vetted bookkeepers, accountants, financial analysts, and CFOs who provide remote, on-demand, hourly support when clients need it. We only accept 2% of applicants into our highly curated network of experts, so clients know they’re working with the best of the best.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage relationships with office and facility management vendors and other service providers
- Liaison with landlord and building maintenance for repairs, security, key requests, etc
- Order supplies, snacks, etc. on a weekly basis as well as coordinate catered breakfast each Monday morning for the office
- Ensure cleanliness around the office, lead office-wide desk clean ups, post lunch cleanup, etc.
- Address employees questions/concerns on office-related topics
- Plan in-house and off-site activities such as company events, celebrations, and meetings
- Perform additional duties and assignments that provide the best work environment for our people to focus on generating success in their roles
- Function as reception for greeting and directing guests to Paro
- Calendar management and scheduling to support the CEO
- Liaison with the board members to set up and organize board meetings
- Support the CEO with administrative functions as well as booking travel
- Brand ambassador representing Paro and the CEO of Paro
- Responsible for employee onboarding (sending offers, new hire day 1 set up, onboarding sessions)
- Support recruiting with greeting candidates, interview flow & scheduling candidates
Skills You'll Need:
- BS/BA in human resources, business administration or relevant field
- 2+ years experience in HR Coordinator/Specialist or Office Manager role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as sound judgement/problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks in high activity, dynamic environment with accuracy and attention to details
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information
At Paro, we pride ourselves on our strong value-oriented culture—which we created together as a team—and look to bring on new team members who also embody these values.
Enjoy the journey
We bring energy to an antiquated and stale industry
We embrace fun
We don’t take ourselves too seriously
Have each other’s backs
We are a team; we win together and lose together
We can handle anything
We feel confident to take risks because we serve as each other’s safety net
We are a community, not just a workplace
Do the right thing
We don’t cut corners; we take a long-term view of success
We deposit in the Karma bank
We are loyal to clients and freelancers
We are transparent and don’t hold ulterior motives
Take Smart Risks
We believe that trying and failing is better than not trying at all
We think creatively about obstacles
We challenge assumptions We are nimble
We invent new ways to do what we do
We want to be comfortably uncomfortable and encourage each other to take on new and more challenging projects
We are each accountable for every team member being their best and push each other and give others permission to push us
We bring our whole selves to work; we're cool with who you are, professional and otherwise!
We recognize that everyone brings something important to the table and that conflict helps us grow
We are sensitive to our differences; we value being yourself while making space for others to be themselves We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion as we grow