Wyzant is on a mission to make the world a better place by empowering people to teach and learn from one another. We help students of all ages accomplish their learning goals by providing them with 1-on-1 expert support on our industry-leading online platform.
We’re looking for an Online Tutor Community Manager to join our Customer Operations Team to curate and moderate a tutor community. Wyzant's network boasts over 65,000 independent tutors and their success and engagement is vital to our business. In this new role, you will create and implement tutor-facing content and projects that educate and support a significant portion of the user base. You will work cross-functionally with the Product, Marketing, and Customer Support teams to improve Support's productivity and efficiency, through clear communication, efficient resource management, and a deep focus on execution and measurement.
What you’ll do:
- In collaboration with Customer Teams management, develop, manage, and measure educational efforts for tutors that help them succeed on the Wyzant platform
- Cultivate a healthy tutor community
- Create and manage a communication plan for tutors - including email, webinars / podcasts, and perhaps live events (post-COVID)
- Define and implement moderation strategy, coordinating with company stakeholders to ensure effectiveness
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Marketing teams to source tutors for special projects including marketing content creation and user research
- Identify and escalate operational bugs, report back to tutors on relevant releases
- Envision new ways to support and engage our diverse tutor community
- Effectively manage change by influencing and communicating with key stakeholders
- Anticipate risks associated with change management, and ensure creative and effective mitigations are available
- Moderate communities via social media channels, adapting methodology when appropriate
- 1-3 years relevant experience as a manager or moderator of online communities, a two-sided marketplace / service company a plus
- Develop a community strategy that empowers tutors to come together around sharing business strategies, marketplace expertise, and educational approaches
- Comfortable mediating community drama and have an affinity for de-escalating situations online
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage workload
- Experience leading / moderating webinars
- Passionate about online communities - warts and all!
- Basic video editing skills (enough to edit and post videos to our YouTube channel)
- Exudes patience and positivity
- Hands on experience with corporate social media
- Availability to work days, evenings and weekends as and when required