The Role: The Licensed Data Product Operations team seeks an Operations Manager to join the team. This role's primary responsibility will be to support the Licensed Data product operation team's day-to-day activities and responsibilities and ensure that all client deliverables are created, maintained and supported in accordance with Project Management and Operational standards.
This role covers domain areas that include monthly data product deliverables, business analysis, incident management, QA & continuous improvement, as well as cross-team coordination for ongoing change management, maintenance of existing and support of new product development.
This position is based in our Chicago office.
- Partner with Technology and the Data organizations to remain aware of product changes, enhancements, and new releases.
- Coordinate with Client Success Management team to communicate updates to clients/sales teams in order to promote product changes and enhancements.
- Ownership of business analysis tied to new product development in collaboration with the Product Management/Product Owners and Technology teams.
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications to include formulating testing strategy for changes and enhancements.
- Help identify workflow/system improvements and work with supervisor and team to enact change.
- Work with the Technology team to automate monitoring and reporting of committed product deliverables.
- Perform, maintain and improve on monthly production for custom and legacy solutions.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives using Lean and/or Six Sigma methodologies.
- Assist team in carrying out roadmap for legacy feed retirement/replacement.
- Familiarity with Morningstar products and data is a plus.
- Excellent writing, communication, problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage competing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to define, analyze and document requirements and process. An understanding of or willingness to learn Agile tools and concepts.
- A friendly professional demeanor and ability to excel in a team oriented environment.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
- Ability to learn and adapt to change.
- Strong customer service focus; experience in customer support is a plus, but not required.
- Prior experience in project management or business analysis is a plus, but not required.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity