Operations Manager at Freeosk, Inc.
Hello Operations Manager!
Freeosk Inc. is looking for a full-time, Chicago-based Operations Manager to oversee and direct our operational processes by striving to meet and exceed strategic goals and client expectations for our kiosk programming. As Operations Manager, you’ll provide oversight to internal Freeosk employees and external vendors to ensure our operations run smoothly. This position will work collaboratively with various internal teams and work directly with the Leadership team to ensure high levels of execution are maintained across multiple retailers.
Our ideal candidate is analytically minded with a desire to drive continual improvement. We are looking for someone who is service-oriented and strives to exceed client expectations. To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be an adaptable problem-solver, ready to take on new challenges at any time. Sound like you? Keep reading!
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Efficiently and effectively manage a team of reporting analysts
- Work closely to identify trends and create dashboards, alerts and reports that allow the Ops/Support Teams to operate more efficiently
- Identify opportunities to leverage skillsets cross-functionally throughout the org
- Effective communication of data requests and cross-functional project scopes
- Efficiently and effectively manage a team of support agents
- Establish and monitor team and individual performance and development goals
- Assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities to align with company/department objectives
- Invest in growth and development to continue to grow skillets.
- Promote a culture of high performance, employee engagement and collaboration, learning, and skillful innovation
- Effective management of Third-party vendors
- Oversight of execution and compliance reporting
- Proactively and autonomously anticipate changes in order to maintain operational key metrics at all active networks (i.e. uptime, client execution standards)
- Clearly communicate the importance and impact of anticipated changes with facts while driving change (with manager/leadership support)
Planning and Communication
- Successfully manage expectations and establish/maintain trust with key internal stakeholders through exceptional communication practices
- Participate in the Operations Management team, regularly sharing observations and ideas, contributing to the evolution of business strategy and practices
Analysis & Trends
- Use data to drive and inform action fearlessly
- Define business requirements and work directly with Analysts to implement tools/reporting that support execution goals
- Continuously assess tools and find ways to gain efficiencies by eliminating un-necessary tasks, simplifying workflow and identifying areas for automation
- Take ownerships of new retail Pilots and operational tasks related to scale & growth activities for existing retail networks
The skills and experience we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 5+ years of professional experience
- 2+ years of leadership experience with direct reports
- Advanced skills in Excel and SQL
- Experience with BI reporting tools (Tableau preferred)
- Ability to stay accessible during non-standard working hours to address business needs as needed
- Experience with external third-party vendors
- Experience managing budgets
- Comfortable with technology and manipulating large datasets
- Comfortable communicating business requirements to Data Analysts
- Strategic Agility
- Clear Communicator (internal & external teams)
- Excellent timeline management and multi-tasking
- Client focus
- Action-oriented (analytical, consistently informed by facts, with the right level of urgency)
- Timely decision-making
- Adaptability (agile working environment)
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Summer Hours
- Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development
- Gym Stipend
- Free Divvy membership
- Sports teams
Who are we?
Freeosk uses the power of free to fuel the product discovery process, speeding the connection between consumers and the brands they love. We have smart-kiosks in over 1,300 retail locations across the United States. We count over 70% of CPG companies in the Fortune 500 as customers and every one of those in the Fortune 100. We expect to aggressively expand our network of kiosks over the next few years.
We are a nimble, Chicago-based omni-channel marketing platform made up of a cross-disciplinary team of engineers, creatives, data analysts, account managers and other specialists. We help brands advance their key marketing initiative using our patented technology and a unique database of real-world consumer intent signals.