About The Opportunity
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 85,000 restaurants and over 15.6 million active diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
We’re looking for an exceptionally driven and detail-oriented individual with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude to join the Market Operations team. You’ll be responsible for ensuring consistent execution of day-to-day operations of your respective area, focusing on monitoring delivery orders and ensuring timely delivery. Using real time data, the Operations Specialist identifies potential delivery issues and solves them before they become problems- they do this using tracking and mapping tools, contacting drivers and re-assigning orders. A real self-starter, you should have a passion for solving hard problems -- plus a proven track record of getting things done.
Grubhub is a dynamic, rapidly growing business; we foster a culture of scrappy entrepreneurs. Learning and improving are core to our execution. In addition, you must be able to work effectively with a diverse set of functions and adapt as the business grows.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Manage order level execution to ensure orders are delivered on time
- Identify and solve problems; diagnose issues in a data-driven manner and implement solutions.
- Effectively communicate with drivers, restaurants, and diners to ensure efficiency and accuracy in deliveries
- Utilize technology and use of multiple software systems to assist drivers in finding the best routes
You Should Have
The ideal candidate must have demonstrated the ability to complete tasks in an organized manner, while paying close attention to details. In addition, the position is ideal for someone who is driven to succeed in a fast paced, varied environment and who has the ability to anticipate and adapt to difficult situations.
Skills / Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Customer Service Experience-friendly, positive, can handle difficult situations
- 1-2 years Delivery or Operations Experience preferred
- Dispatch experience and knowledge is preferred
- Prioritizing multiple tasks and strong attention to detail is a must
- Excellent written and verbal communicator and leadership ability
- Proficient knowledge of Google products
And Of Course, Perks!
Full time employees are eligible for the following benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision and other voluntary benefits
- 401K plan with guaranteed match
- Employer Paid Life Insurance and Short Term Disability Benefits
- Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
*Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
*Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.