Outsource Operations Manager at CCC Information Services
At CCC, it’s all about connectivity we are a provider of innovative cloud, mobile, telematics, hyperscale technologies and services for the automotive, insurance, and collision repair industries. Our solutions and big data insights are delivered through our CCC ONE™ platform, which connects 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, original equipment manufacturers, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. Our platform, carwise.com , provides access to car-related services for millions of consumers. Auto Injury Solutions Inc., also a CCC company, provides casualty solutions to auto insurers for the handling of first and third-party claims. In short, our collective set of solutions make connected car, vehicle, and accident data actionable, informing decision-making, enhancing productivity, and helping customers deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
Job Description Summary
The Manager, Outsource & Operations Management will be responsible for managing a $25 mm expense portfolio for our Casualty business. The successful candidate will focus on optimizing business process workflow, handle vendor relationships, look at redundancies as well as ways to reduce costs. This role will also ensure vendor accountability to the same level of standards CCC observes. The role will manage activities across vendor lifecycle, including due diligence, monitoring, risk assessment, procurement, oversight and service improvement. Day-to-day oversight and also Demand Management requirements are included in this role. Experience in multi-channel communications with internal and external stakeholders will be an advantage in this role.
- Management of the outsource vendors, responsible for performance KPI’s and Metrics of Vendors.
- Establishes and maintains regular vendor process, including facilitating all meetings and providing a readout to program leadership and key stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain vendor management processes and dashboards using project management and analytics methodologies.
- Improve vendor impact on operations through the development of demand planning, forecasting, and resource management models.
- Complete analysis for critical vendor meetings, including QBRs, to enable meaningful discussions.
- Identifying opportunities for additional savings. (cost, efficiency, investment, quality, etc.)
- Act as a liaison and interfaces cross-functionally to maintain communication between business groups. Participates in the development of overall objectives and long-term goals of the organization.
- Be a participating member on a wide range of internal and external meetings; including, quality, inventory, business reviews, client implementations, and product portfolio discussions.
- Build strong relationships and provide value add advice to ensure results are well understood and business results optimized.
- Provide ongoing, timely and accurate analysis of casualty operations results.
- Analyze, communicate and present data to business partners and senior leadership to align on recommendations.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant contractual procedures and practices to appropriately analyze terms and conditions of contracts.
- Works with stakeholders on administration of contracts to ensure performance, resource plans, and payments are met in adherence with the project plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or engineering.
- 5 plus years’ relevant experience with vendor management/procurement, finance, and/or operations; consulting experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of insurance market and P&C claims, and the BPO marketplace.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, including use of formulas, pivot tables, and appropriate visualizations. Familiarity with Tableau and similar tools is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present ideas to all levels in a clear, concise and compelling manner.