Patient Reception Specialist - Chicago, IL at VillageMD
Join Village Medical as a Patient Reception Specialist In Chicago, IL
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
Why Village Medical?
At Village Medical, we're looking for a Patient Reception Specialist to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
Patient Reception Specialistis responsible for providing patient support and communication and facilitating an exceptional patient experience to build and reinforce satisfaction, trust and drive organizational loyalty. Accountable for welcoming and preparing the patient for their appointment, the Patient Reception Specialist informs patients of relevant and required information for their visit, and provides clear communication around the services they are scheduled to receive.
How you can make a difference:
- Check patients in and out, verify insurance, collect copays.
- Greets patients and answers phones
- Schedule appointments as needed.
Skills for success:
- Self-motivated: energetic, self-starter; can work autonomously with limited direction.
- Results oriented: bias for action; demonstrated track record of achievement; drive for attainment of superior outcomes.
- Flexible: ably navigates within ambiguity; solution-oriented.
- Communication: conveys thoughts and expresses ideas effectively both verbally and in writing; strong presentation skills.
- Collaboration: orientation to team-based work product and results.
- Service: Actively supports others, demonstrates an optimistic, can-do approach to issue resolution.
- Humility: low ego; engenders trust; respectful.
Experience to drive change:
- Current BLS certification for healthcare providers through American Heart Association or Red Cross
- Must have High School Diploma
- Experience in primary care, family practice, internal medicine, urgent care or ER preferred
How you will thrive:
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, and a valuable health benefits package, Village Medical offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on Village Medical products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique Village Medical culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At Village Medical, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at Village Medical are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Explore your future with Village Medical today.