Procurement Category Manager - Managed & Support Services at Motorola Solutions
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe Global Procurement Organization provides the resources, processes, governance, systems and controls for acquiring goods and services efficiently, effectively and ethically from a diverse supply base that provides Motorola Solutions a competitive advantage on cost, quality, technology, service and delivery. The Services & Software Procurement Organization is responsible for the acquisition of all Software, Hardware and Services required both for internal operations as well as those offered to our customers as part of product offerings and solutions.
The Global Procurement team has evolved from more traditional sourcing and procurement goals by going beyond cost savings and creating value for the enterprise by improving profitability, increasing supplier collaboration, and supporting new solutions development. We are a client focused team designed to bring value and help lead innovations within the enterprise.
In this role, key responsibilities will include:
• Setting long term commercial strategic direction for Procurement’s engagement to Motorola Solutions’ Services business.
• Working in a Managed Services environment to structure commercial negotiations, agreements, SLAs and total cost of ownership in ways that optimize capital expenditures, operating expenses, and risk management.
• Optimizing a supply base to meet the changing requirements of the category.
• Leading supplier contract negotiations ensuring a framework for a strategic contractual relationship with limited risk.
• Achieving targets for cost reductions.
• Implementing Global Category Strategies.
• Influencing business stakeholders in support of Procurement initiatives.
• Developing relationships with senior leadership.
• Providing subject matter expertise on complex purchasing, legal & contractual issues.
• Defining governance around best practices and purchasing policies.
• Performing Supplier relationship management and reviews.
In this role, specific skills/knowledge/experiences will include:
• Product management or technical experience is helpful in the areas of IT, Professional Services (such as solution architecture, network design, integration and deployment), Datacom/Telecom and Wireless (LTE, 5G) Communications, Networking, Transport and Backhaul (MPLS and Microwave), Software, SaaS applications and/or emerging technologies
• Strong experience managing complex strategic sourcing projects.
• Experience working in a large, complex, global business.
• Experience running the RFx process
• Contract negotiations without much Legal guidance.
• Proven track record of identifying cost reduction opportunities and driving significant, tangible financial benefit to the business
• Ability to support large/complex supplier deals potentially including Hardware, Software, and Services integrated solutions with customer flow down requirements
• Ability to interact with and present up to VP Levels.
• Core analytic skills to independently dive into an unclear area and make sense of it. Financial modeling experience is an asset.
• Minimal travel required
• This position is located in our Chicago office, with occasional need to work in our Schaumburg office to meet with internal stakeholders. Remote/flexible work environment is provided.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 3+ years of Procurement Category Management or equivalent.
Travel RequirementsUnder 10%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.