Procurement-Technical Coordinator at IMC Trading
LIFE AT IMC AS PROCUREMENT-TECHNICAL COORDINATOR
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading – Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
Coordinate day-to-day procurement and sourcing processes focused in IT: Networking, Connectivity, Datacenter and other Trading Infrastructure related categories:
- Work with IT and Trading operations to understand requirements and act as a procurement business partner
- Assist in evaluating market options for various IT solutions
- Run competitive bidding processes and negotiate IT contracts
- Act as a project manager for specific IT Infrastructure related projects as well as other internal IT projects
- Equipment lifecycle management, keep track of spares, manage stocked inventory and proactively order as needed, decom equipment from asset database
- Order circuits and cross connects, document in connectivity database, audit and update as needed
Initiate and run contracting process for various IT Infrastructure related items:
- Negotiate price and terms in coordination with legal
- Manage contract end dates and look for ways to optimize IT spend
- Communicate to stakeholders about upcoming contract renewals and validate needs
- Leverage existing contract management system to effectively capture and manage important contract information
- Look for opportunities to improve contracting processes, reduce costs, and consolidate efforts
Supplier Relationship Management
- Meet with exchanges and other IT suppliers to keep update-to-date with changes to products and other relevant business information
- Proactively source and assist in evaluation of new suppliers that may be advantageous for IMC
- Look for new ways to reduce IT costs, increase automation, and focus on procurement value-add
- Collaborate with global teams to assess areas of overlap and opportunities to work together on mutually beneficial projects
- Attend IT stand-up meetings, assist and contribute where possible
- Education: Business / Finance / Supply Chain / Technology
- 5 years + experience
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Ability to gather and analyze data to accurately document or make recommendations
- Attention to detail, proactive and organized
- Work effectively independently and within a team
- Proactively create and enforce processes
- Python, or other modern scripting language, desired
- Jira & Confluence power user (or similar products) experience preferred
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.