Challenging convention. Trying new things. Reshaping an industry.The team at Duck Creek helps insurance companies bring amazing ideas to life quickly and easily with software that thinks and works like they do. We're fueled by sharing ideas openly, challenging conventions, trying new things, and valuing "Why not?" over "Why?" Our certainty that there is always a better way to do things keeps carriers ahead of their competition and is helping to reshape an industry. If having a hand in transforming one of the world’s oldest and largest industries into a standard for innovation, open exchange, and peerless user experience sounds exciting, let us know. We may be looking for you.
Project Manager, Services Management Operations
- Manages a business operation and/or or program office management function in support of a smaller business group or a large function.
- May provide input to strategic planning and operational deployment
- Works toward the achievement of business objectives
- Serves as a resource to different Company stakeholders to develop and execute program and/or business operational plans.
- Provides financial and operational reporting to the business/program leadership
- Creates management reports, dashboards, and scorecards for all leadership levels.
- Represents the business group and/or programs with the IT or Workday team for needs, issues and reporting requirements and design and implement workarounds to meet reporting needs
- May create revenue projections, non-billable budgets and hiring plans if applicable.
- Liaises with the finance team to develop and revise the business group’s and/or programs’ budgets on an annual and quarterly basis
- Implements and oversees program governance processes
- Leads multiple complex projects, and partners with applicable business group’s leadership on approaches to ensure the overall project or portfolio remains on track and to determine approaches to resolve variances
- Oversees the project activities and deliverables, including manages schedules, financials, and project change requests
- Forecasts and tracks the effort and cost of the portfolio of projects across one or more business group(s) and/or several program(s) within the Company
- Confirms scope, develops and/or reviews estimating assumptions for a project’s schedule, effort, and cost using established estimating models
- Manages the Estimate At Completion (EAC) and revalidate the estimates at key transition points in the development lifecycle, if applicable
- Measures and monitors progress at clearly defined points in the process to ensure the project(s) is delivered on time, within budget, and that it meets or exceeds expectations.
- For projects involving external clients: understands the client expectations, and participates in appropriate steering committee and status reviews with the client.
- Leads and manages special projects for business group leadership
- Manages staffing and/or resources deployment process across the business group/function and customer support ensuring all needs are thorough and within budget.
- Manages relationships and coordinates work between teams at different global locations.
- Projects staffing planning and justification, internal placements, organizational change, management reporting, Offshore/global resource planning,
- Drives project teams to adhere to processes regarding project level resource management and forecasting and serves as the subject matter expert for planning tool.
- Ensures staffing process between Human Resources/recruiting team and hiring managers flows well and provides support on issues.
- Bachelor's degree, or higher education level, or its foreign equivalent, with 10-12 or more years of professional experience;
- 6-8 years' experience in an IT Program/Project Management role
Work Experience:Must haves:
- Expertise and knowledge to deliver superior outcomes for operations, clients, and employees
- Strong leadership skills and communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills, including ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Acts independently and requires minimal direction
- Ability to adapt to on-going change and works in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment
- Exceptional time and priority management skills to drive expected outcomes, and works effectively with tight deadlines
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skill
- High level interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to present and drive effective communication with all levels, including but not limited to DCT leadership
- Highly effective in collaboration across teams
- Provides a high quality work product and practices continuous improvement
- Must be a critical thinker with an eye for identifying process improvements across the organization and the ability to effectively implement them
- Experience/knowledge of software development life cycle for P&C insurance software
- If applicable, may require experience with implementation of Duck Creek. i.e. Platform solutions for Policy Admin Administration, Billing and/or ASW Claims a plus
- Travel: 0-5%
- Work Authorization: Legally authorized to work in the country of the job location.
- Physical: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.