We believe manufacturing is important not only for what it makes, but for what it makes possible for the world. Manufacturers have an important job to do, and it is our job to provide them with the technology and expertise they need through the entire production process, from discovery and design to manufacturing and fulfillment.
We are seeking a self-motivated quality inspector to perform CNC machining quality checks and measurements in a new state of the art facility. This fast-paced industry has exciting opportunities and is growing daily. Applicants should have willingness to be quickly trained and dive into the role and can work independently with minimal supervision.
This is an hourly role and current rate is ~$22/hr.
Fast Radius currently is unable to sponsor or transfer visas.
About the Role:
- The CNC Machining Quality Specialist will have minimum 3 years experience with metrology, well versed in a job shop machining environment and have 5 axis CNC machining experience.
- In charge of metrology inspection using various hand tools such as calipers and indicators
- Must have ability to use Calipers, Dial Indicators for Measuring run-out, Mitutoyo dial bore gage, profilometer, other metrology equipment as required.
- Comfortable filling out inspection reports accurately and take actions on deviations.
- Able to read part CAD drawings as required (Training provided)Hands on experience with machining processes, preferably with multi-axis milling and turning.
- Experience with MES software, 1Factory software is a Plus.
- Minimum of 3-5 years manufacturing experience ideally in a CNC machining environment.
- Ability to carry out inspection and testing in accordance with established control plans.
- Coordinate’s material review disposition, identification, evaluation, and disposal on non-conforming product.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must know how to read and interpret blueprints and GD&T Information.
- Skills and ability to read a print and experience with completing Inspection Plans.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measurement.
- Know appropriate processes to use for non-conforming materials. Understanding of overall root cause process and 8D process.
- Ability to interpret a rule/scale.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with Strong MS Excel Skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Review incoming parts and material's certificates and report any discrepancies.
- Upkeep calibration of equipment
- Handle and photograph 3D printed items for customers
- High school diploma or equivalent degree/advanced QA training a plus
- 3-5 years experience in a manufacturing/CNC environment
- Ability to understand product drawings, specifications and visual work instructions.
- Computer skills, including MS Office Excel, Word, Google Sheets
Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
- Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.
Read Full Job Description