Join VillageMD as a Regional Clinical Practice Advisor (Chicago, IL / Atlanta, GA / Northfield, NJ / Orlando or Tampa, FL / Rhode Island)
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Regional Clinical Practice Advisor to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
The Regional Clinical Practice Advisor will coordinate across multiple teams and workstream owners to identify and drive strategies for improved patient outcomes, clinic operating efficiencies, outstanding patient experience and risk assessment action plans. This leader will collaborate with the management team to set departmental priorities in accordance with overall organizational goals and departmental objectives. Key initiatives will include clinical practice operations, training, and standardized documentation, all achieved through the implementation of the necessary policies, procedures and programming to ensure a consistent stakeholder experience with nursing care and support.
You will also be accountable for leading and facilitating key process improvements around patient safety and patient experience. The Regional Clinical Practice Advisor should bring a healthy balance of clinical operations experience and hands-on execution. Excellent communication, problem-solving, follow-through and diplomacy skills are required for success in this highly visible role.
What are some examples of work you will be leading as a Regional Clinical Practice Advisor?
- Managing a standardized approach to new clinic implementation support and onboarding
- Performing clinical due diligence for acquired clinics and developing corresponding training plans around specific needs
- Working with the implementations team, regional, and clinical leads to assure clinical standards are followed throughout the region
- Serving as primary contact person for clinical inquiries from all regional clinics
- Actively participating in policy and procedure development
- Providing initial and ongoing training for clinical staff around policies, procedures, workflows, proper medical equipment use, and point of care testing
- Providing training to site clinical leads on daily, weekly, and monthly required tasks
- Ensuring all sites are actively participating in the OSHA program
- Identifying opportunities for improvement and driving change initiatives to completion to improve overall clinical performance
- Participating in annual risk assessments and coordinating with clinical leads and market leaders to address deficiencies
- Reviewing incident reports filed in the region to ensure proper resolution, educational, or coaching interventions
- Conduct monthly clinical lead meetings and tracking follow-up from these meetings
- Serving as the Occupational/Employee Health lead for the region
- Participating on various committees such as Influenza, infection control, and policy and procedure
What will make you successful here?
- You are solution-oriented and have a passion for patient safety and assuring excellent patient experiences
- You enjoy teaching and equipping clinical staff with the knowledge to provide safe patient care
- You demonstrate the ability to cope with and manage staff through rapid growth, ambiguity and change
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and patience while interacting with customers and colleagues
- You possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
What you bring to VillageMD:
- 5 years related experience in primary care or relevant ambulatory clinic setting
- Well-versed in clinical operations such as CLIA regulations for waived testing, laboratory specimen collection and handling, OSHA, infection control, vaccine administration, storage, and handling.
- Ability to research scope of practice for Medical Assistants and Licensed Nurses and implement best practice
- Proven track record of continuous quality improvement initiatives
- Continuous desire to innovate and share success and best practices across markets
- Strong mentoring and relationship building skills with ability to effectively manage group and interpersonal conflict situations
- Demonstrated achievement with change management and quality improvement initiatives
- Thorough understanding of the healthcare environment and specific knowledge of primary care practice management
- Experience in a mid to large, multi-system clinic organization or the ambulatory environment of a hospital or integrated delivery system (Primary Care Practice highly preferred)
- Active RN license, BSN required; Master’s degree in Nursing preferred
- Regional travel required to support training needs across clinics – 50% or more regional travel with limited national travel for meetings or training sessions
- Experience with new clinic integrations/acquisitions strongly preferred
- Athena experience preferred
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.