Risk Adjustment Coder at VillageMD
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Risk Adjustment Coder to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
Risk Adjustment Coders are trained experts in structured clinical assessments, accurate and specific documentation and population health workflows. The role is primarily responsible for identifying gaps in submissions, ensuring correct clinical documentation and identifying areas of coding improvements for CMS Medical Billing, Risk Adjustment and Quality Incentive programs. Risk Adjustment Coders will also own informatics responsibilities for providers before, during, and after patient visits. He/she will leverage informatics to educate primary care physicians and APPs on opportunities to improve their overall coding performance.
How you can make a difference
- Review charts, code chronic disease that meets HCC and Risk Adjustment criteria
- Validate missed coding opportunities
- Demonstrate the ability to appropriately use coding principles to code to the highest specificity and complies with CMS regulations and company goals and policies
- Ensure compliance with established coding guidelines, third party reimbursement policies, regulations and accreditation guidelines
- Review patient charts to ensure accurate coding
- Communicate with physicians about documentation and coding
- Special review projects as assigned for analytics
- Coach, facilitate, solve work problems and participate in the work of the team
Skills for success
- Keen focus on results and can navigate within ambiguity while maintaining a high-level of humility
- Familiarity with Electronic Health Records documentation methodologies
- Exposure to healthcare operations; primary care preferred
- Demonstrated achievement with change management and quality improvement initiatives
- Exceptional communication skills
- Proven success in building relationships and establishing credibility with doctors, nurses and other clinical staff
- Ability and willingness to take direction and be a member of a team providing patient care
- Basic level of medical knowledge and/or a willingness to learn quickly
- Excellent job attendance
Experience to drive change
- Bachelor’s degree in health information management, science, nursing or comparable field preferred, but not required
- Professional Coding Certification such as CCS or CPC required, CRC within 6 months of employment
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.