Forager is growing and building something incredibly complex. Due to this growth, we’ve created a new role, Manager, Risk Management, to build process and strategy across contracting, compliance, claims, insurance, vendor management and related functions – with the goal of integrating the company’s risk into a holistic framework. Reporting to our COO, the Manager, Risk Management will oversee the development and continuous improvement of Forager’s risk and compliance programs. With excellent judgement you will collaborate cross-functionally to onboard new customers and carriers, manage the claims and OS&D processes, select and manage service providers, evaluate new business opportunities, and participate in cost-benefit analyses that drive technological innovations.
- Review customer and carrier contracts and balance the need to protect the business and win business, including by offering strategic guidance on new opportunities
- Oversee daily carrier onboarding and monitoring
- Implement a Claims program and manage all customer claims, working with outside counsel when necessary
- Perform ongoing carrier compliance audits to ensure quality system standards and continuously improve Forager’s international carrier compliance program for Canada, Mexico and the US
- Identify, develop, improve and validate quality processes and lead training for them
- Manage the company’s certifications with SmartWay, ISO 9001 and other compliance programs, looking for opportunities to distinguish Forager in the marketplace
- Partner with leadership to drive consistent protocols and help them conduct strategic conversations during customer or carrier onboarding
- Implement a contract management system
- Manage Forager’s insurance policies and insurance rider program in collaboration with sales, business operations, customer operations, pricing and finance
- Monitor and evaluate regulations affecting the industry
- Support the business with cost-benefit analysis that measure risk using a data-driven, probabilistic approach
- Partner with sales, operations and software development functions to streamline all risk management functions
- Build out a risk management team that attracts top talent
What You'll Bring:
- Able to work under pressure, deal with difficult issues and have a high sense of urgency
- Familiarity with Department of Transportation (DOT) and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations for brokers and carriers. Familiar with FMCSA’s SAFER system.
- Experience with Hazardous Materials regulations and Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA)
- Experience with Secretariat of Communications and Transportation in Mexico a plus
- Experience with C-TPAT a plus
- Ability to translate risk findings into action items or communications to leadership
- Understanding of legal and compliance concepts
- Strong ability to maintain confidentiality
- Experience with ISO 9001 a plus
Who we are?
Forager is a logistics tech startup with one goal: simplify cross-border freight with a combination of purpose-built technology and decades of industry experience. We're building an automated and collaborative marketplace that connects cross-border shippers (customers) with their optimal carrier (trucking companies) based on region, price, and service rating.
In response to COVID-19 & Forager’s commitment to keeping our employees, their families and our community safe, we have made the decision to continue working remotely through the remainder of the 2020 year. This means all new hires will be onboarded and trained remotely. In the future, this position will be expected to work onsite at our Chicago HQ once it is safe to do so.
Forager is an equal employment opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other legal protected characteristics.