Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
The Customer Operations organization at Affirm is continually evolving and expanding as the company grows and strives to deliver excellent service to our customers. The Operations Risk Specialist role sits within the Operational Excellence team, uses components of an Operations Risk management framework, and issues management framework to continuously provide oversight, measure and assess levels of risk and to raise, report, and support the remediation of issues across the organization.
In this role, you will be the champion for risk identification and driving change; you will build and implement our strategy on risk evaluation, partner cross-functionally with different facets of the business and help build a culture of risk awareness. You'll need a strong risk and control approach with a passion for identifying and mitigating risk, working with Operations leadership to inspire change, challenge the status quo, and hold teams accountable for risk mitigation initiatives.What You'll Do:
- Issues Triage: confirm, validate, and raise technical issues and act as primary liaison between Operations and Affirm’s Legal, Compliance & Technology teams.
- Regularly participate in cross-functional forums to present findings and trend analysis.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to scope, size and propose improvements to fix recurring issues.
- Provide timely support for urgent partner concerns and severe issues.
- Lead Affirm’s niche process to make sure cases are being accurately handled and not missed.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to: reviewing reports and cases as needed to identify trends; ensuring agent mentoring is completed in a timely manner; providing access to partners for multi-level risk occurrences; and continuing to iterate on the overall process to ensure accurate reporting.
- Provide assistance in identifying new and existing risks facing the Operations organization for which controls or surveillance are lacking.
- Provide support in recognizing and advising on the development of key risk indicators.
- Advocate in analyzing trends to recognize and develop strategies for addressing chronic issues and process optimization; may present findings to internal partners to drive prioritization of improvement opportunities.
- 3+ years of practical experience working in Audit, Internal Controls, Risk, or Operations within financial services or related industries.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize, including significant time-management skills.
- Self-starter that can navigate a growing Operations organization.
- Ability to work cross functionally with senior leaders and cross-functional partners to identify and assess risk.
- Proven track record of successfully supporting the management of operational risks including developing control enhancements, process improvements, etc.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, team environment with frequent change and a rapidly growing team
- Ability to make measured, objective, data-driven recommendations daily.
- Strong risk and control mentality, passionate about complex problem solving.
- Innovative and flexible in suggesting recommendations and ideas; able to influence key partners.
- Willingness to support outside of normal operating hours to handle ad hoc issues / act as on-call on a rotational basis.
Location - Remote Canada
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.