RMS Back Office Technician at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewCMSO Software Enterprise Operations Organization is a group that delivers software solutions to the public safety sector. Our group is committed to providing the technology, knowledge, and tools that will allow our customers to focus on their mission critical goals and responsibilities. We provide support for ground breaking products and solutions that enable public safety entities to respond more quickly and safely to emergent situations. PSA deploys and supports products such as Computer Aided Dispatch, Records Management Systems, Jail Management Systems and Mobile Data Computing, among other offerings. SPSS is a fast-paced environment that seeks motivated and professional individuals willing to work towards our goals as an organization.
THIS IS A POSITION FOR RMS Back Office Technician
- The PremierOne Records Management System (RMS) Technician will be responsible for various customer supporting functions and products including customer RMS systems, related services, interfaces, and other various ancillary systems. Basic network and infrastructure knowledge will contribute to a successful position. Primary duties will include acting as a level 3 tier of support - working within a ticketing system to handle assigned customer issues which are functionally escalated from the Support and Onsite Admin groups. Duties will also include working with the RMS Engineering teams to enter and classify defects based on these customer found issues. Position requirements may require strict background checks within our customer set requirements - in order to gain remote access to these highly sensitive customer systems. The candidate must have excellent technical and interpersonal communication skills.
Solutions Records Management System Technician Specialist Competencies:
- Works with Motorola Support, Product Management, Engineering, and Business Analyst groups to troubleshoot reported problems and system outages, identifies root cause, communicates and documents resolution within an internal case tracking software.
- Primary duties will include acting as a level 3 escalation point - working within a ticketing system to handle customer issues, functionally escalated from the Support and Onsite Admin groups
- Gathers data that will aide in code fixes specific to the customer’s environment, and/or defects identified within a specific product.
- Work closely with the RMS Engineering teams to enter and classify defects based on customer found issues.
- Easily recognizes system deficiencies and understands what information must be collected and evaluated to implement effective software solutions.
- Position requirements may require strict background checks, based on individual customer requirements - in order to gain remote access to these highly sensitive and secured systems.
- OnCall duties for off hours issues - on a rotational schedule.
Organizational Responsibilities Development
- Highly effective and efficient in managing workload.
- Ability to follow processes regarding operational structure.
- Conducts effective progress evaluations in a timely manner.
- Willingness and ability to communicate with other teams/departments in order to ensure customer satisfaction and system stability.
- Seeks and participates in development opportunities above and beyond training required by Motorola.
- Trains and/or mentors peeps through both formal and informal training programs.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Works well as a single resource, as well a member of a team.
Professional Qualities Leadership:
- Pursues excellence in all aspects of business.
- Builds expert knowledge in the Mission Critical Software and Public Safety Solution Industry.
- Helps to determine new, creative ways to employ team’s knowledge and abilities on projects, both internal and external.
- Works both internally and w/ external teams to collaborate, problem solve and deliver the highest quality services to both internal and external customers.
- Continually seeks and capitalizes upon opportunities that will improve customer satisfaction and strengthen customer relationships.
- 3+ years of Public Safety Applications experience involving RMS applications
- In depth knowledge of Windows Applications, Servers, and SQL Database Server environments.
- Basic Network and Infrastructure knowledge. Experience with Firewalls and routers; F5 and Fortigate preferred
- Ability to troubleshoot application system issues including hardware, networking and third party components preferred
- Experience with MS SQL Server and Desktop Operating Systems (MCSA/MCSE Skills)
- Experience with MS SQL Server, ODBC and Ops Manager (SCOM) preferred
- Extremely proficient in basic computer skills related to day to day operations (Email/Word Processing/Messenger Applications/Etc)
- Ability to pass stringent background checks based on local and Federal fingerprint submissions.
- Simple computer functions will need to be completely proficient on a day to day basis (Email, Word Processing, Messaging, Intranet Website Browsing, etc)
- Basic understanding of Windows client and Server applications/concepts will be required.
- Ability to effectively perform in high a high urgency and high stress situations will be necessary.
- Being able to efficiently troubleshoot and diagnose system issues quickly and accurately will be a general requirement of the position.
- Customer-facing issues will require interaction with high-level customer authority figures - at points in time. Professionalism is a critical component of everyday duties.
- This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers
- OnCall duties for off-hour issues will be necessary on a rotational basis.
- Previous knowledge of the PremierOne Application Suite is a plus.
Centralized Managed and Support Operations (CMSO) is a group that delivers software solutions to the public safety sector. Our group is committed to providing the technology, knowledge, and tools that will allow our customers to focus on their mission critical goals and responsibilities. We provide support for ground breaking products and solutions that enable public safety entities to respond more quickly and safely to emergent situations. PSA deploys and supports products such as Computer Aided Dispatch, Records Management Systems, Jail Management Systems and Mobile Data Computing, among other offerings. CMSO is a fast-paced environment that seeks motivated and professional individuals willing to work towards our goals as an organization
The Solutions Support team within the CMSO - is a very technically based group, designated for Tier 3 PremierOne Application escalations - from the Customer Support and System Integration (Project) teams. The team also acts in a fashion to provide the highest level technical specialist duties (DBA/Code Debugging/System Audit/SCOM configurations, etc) to other internal Motorola departments. The Solutions team is the input point for many internal groups regarding any high level, customer based issue. The team is the sole gateway into the engineering organization for the input of code related defects from the Services/Support organizations (CAD, Mobile, Records, Jail, and Suite applications). They play a pivotal role in assessing critical issues in a timely manner, and determining if a configuration change or code defect is required. The Solutions Support team is involved in Incident management as a Tier 3 functional escalation point for Support, but is also the owner of the Problem Management process for the PremierOne product, regarding the root cause analysis on these issue.
- Bachelors degree or 3+ years of relevant experience
- Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer
Travel RequirementsUnder 25%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.