Who We Are
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 3 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
The Senior Associate, Cyber Defense will help in the analysis and remediation of security threats to the enterprise, vulnerabilities in the environment, and how to improve defense itself against identified threats. This position will require initiative to remediate identified security threats, incidents, and compliance issues when tasked. The role will be involved in the documenting, execution, and testing of regulatory compliance to all required security regulations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. Perform duties across several Cyber disciplines, activities may include:
Event Analysis and Handling:
• Perform security incident response activities including investigation, coordination, review, and reporting.
• Execute technical analysis of security events while coordinating incident response activities with internal and external teams.
• Ensure collection and preservation of data associated with cyber security incident response activities follow industry best practices and established procedures.
• Develop and support briefings to OCC senior management as a trusted incident responder.
• Oversee process of monthly reporting to Security management on Threat, Vulnerability, and Incident management metrics.
• Identify enhancements of current threat and situational intelligence sources leveraging proprietary enterprise data, as well as a variety of external sources and open source data.
• Actively monitor and research cyber threats with a direct or indirect impact to the OCC brand, business operations, or technology infrastructure.
• Develop and support briefings to Security management on security threats.
• Create and conduct presentations on current threats and related IT Security topics.
Security Monitoring & Analysis:
• Prioritize and identify security risks, threats and vulnerabilities of networks, systems, applications, and new technology initiatives.
• Be part of larger teams to remediate gaps identified through testing programs.
• Manage, implement, and validate security monitoring use cases, mapping to frameworks, technical configuration for security tools, etc.
Security Device Administration:
• Manage security tools including appliances, virtual systems, and SaaS – including health checks, version updates, and content development.
• Validate content changes to security tools are appropriate from other analysts and teams – peer-review.
Manage systems lifecycle --- performing upgrades, implementation of new technologies, and enhancement identification.
Supervisory Responsibilities: • None
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions. • Proven team player will be working primarily with other staff members, on both long-term projects and rapid response under tight deadlines.
• Incident response experience, taking initiative; providing and following through on solutions across various skillsets.
• Knowledge of Security related service and process assessments and evaluations based on NIST, COBIT, ISO and/or ITIL standards. Control frameworks based on security regulations. E.g. NIST Cyber Security Framework
• Effective oral and written communication, analytical, judgment and collaboration skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate in both formal and informal review settings with all levels of management.
• Experience in developing and providing threat and situational intelligence from a variety of internal and external sources.
• Ability to work with local and remote IT staff/management, vendors and consultants.
• Ability to work independently and possess strong organization skills.
• Vulnerability assessment tools (Qualys, Nessus, nmap, etc.)
• Incident Response activities
• Log analysis technologies (SIEM, network sniffers, etc.)
• Other Security preventative and detective technologies (EDR, network-based analysis, etc.)
• Standard technical writing tools including MS Word, Excel, Project and Visio
• Directory services, LDAP, and their inherent security (Active Directory, CA Directory).
• Proxy and caching services.
• Client/server platforms including Sun Solaris, Windows, Linux.
• Operating system hardening procedures (Solaris, Linux, Windows, etc.)
• LAN/WAN routing and high availability (OSPF, BGP4/iBGP, EIGRP and NSRP).
• Web Application Firewalls.
• Cloud based security tools and techniques (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
• Security Orchestration and Automated Response tools and concepts.
• Encryption technologies (PGP, PKI and X.509)
Scripting and development activities to appropriately leverage Application Programing Interfaces (APIs) to optimize integrations between disparate security monitoring and analysis devices
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or another related field.
• 3-5 years of information security experience, preferably in the financial services industry.
• Minimum one year hands-on security operations experience including interdisciplinary experience with four or more of the following: Cyber Threat Analysis, Digital Computer Forensics, Incident Response, Application Security, Operating Systems Security, Cryptographic Controls, Networking, Programming languages, Incident Response
• Familiarity with computer network exploitation and network attack methodologies while maintaining an understanding of the relationship these activities have with the financial services industry and critical infrastructure.
• Industry knowledge of leading-edge security technologies and methods
• Shift work and working in an on-call response capacity is required including availability for 24 x 7 on-call support responsibilities
Certificates or Licenses:
• Strongly prefer at least one of the following certifications: CISSP, GCIA, GCIH, CHFI, GCFA, CCE, CFE