Senior Capacity Planning Engineer
What we’ll bring:
• A work environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
• Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
• Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
• Opportunities to grow your skills and career in an enterprise organization
• Plays a pivotal role by providing infrastructure capacity and performance metrics to management.
Requirements – What We’d Love to See:
• Bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field (such as Computer Science, Engineering, or MIS), and at least 7+ years of IT experience
• Possess strong business capacity planning and management experience along with a clear understanding of business workflow.
• Strong working knowledge on reporting tools such as Splunk, Zenoss, and SCOM
• Good understanding of enterprise infrastructure such as server, storage, network, virtualization, database, middleware, and various operating systems.
• Experience with planning, designing, reporting, configuration and support of large enterprise distributed storage and server environments.
• Basic understanding of cloud technologies.
• Strong knowledge on reporting and analysis using multiple tools (Tableau, Power BI, Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint etc.)
Impact you will make:
• Provide capacity planning and performance analysis aligned with business demand.
• Maintain current knowledge of performance and capacity related trends and issues including current emerging technologies and best practices.
• Engage with business to capture the customer’s growth estimate and able to turn business language into a technical document.
• Be able to understand complex solutions and understand the capacity footprint.
• Provide technical expertise, guidance and strategic recommendations to develop a roadmap that ensures performance and capacity solutions are compatible with the company’s business needs and strategic objectives.
• Work with application owners to determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes.
• Create capacity utilization reports for Storage, Server, VMware, Database and Network infrastructure.
• Manage and provide current systems usage statistics, provide future projected growth estimates based on customer’s demand.
• Demonstrate ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment with many deadlines and competing priorities.
Who We Are
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.