Senior Configuration Management Analyst (ServiceNow / Discovery) at OCC
This position is responsible for managing the population of the ServiceNow Configuration Management Database (CMDB) utilizing automated discovery and other data import methods. As a member of the Service Management team, this person is primarily responsible for designing, configuring, implementing and maintaining the automated CMDB population and reconciliation processes, but will also provide support for other ITSM processes.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Manages and improves ServiceNow Discovery and ServiceNow Services Mapping
- Provides governance to ensure the integrity of the Configuration Management Database
- Designs enhancements/improvements for the maturity of the CMDB and Configuration Management process and translates them into business requirements for the ServiceNow development team
- Define configuration items and classes, their attributes, data collection, and governance that are important to support other ITSM modules and business objectives
- Develop and refine scripts (service mappings) to continually improve CMDB quality and usability
- Build and support integrations with data sources other than ServiceNow Discovery
- Setup and administration of MID servers
- Add/update/remove Discovery credentials
- Create/update/remove Discovery ranges and schedules
- Monitor CMDB health and resolve conflicts between data sources. Interpret Discovery logs and data to diagnose issues.
- Enable tracking of cloud/virtual inventory
- Define identification and reconciliation rules
- Create/update/remove identification and reconciliation rules
- Directs, prioritizes and schedules periodic audits; ensures that any corrective action is carried out.
- Produces management information, including KPIs and status reports, with an operational and a management focus
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- 5+ years relevant experience with Configuration Management / CMDB / Automated Discovery as well as process improvement in a technology organization, or an equivalent combination of education and experience both within a process area and IT Service Management tools e.g. ServiceNow
- Ability to discover and manage cloud inventory
- Ability to work across functional areas to drive continuous improvement
- Thorough understanding of ITIL processes with deep knowledge of the various ITSM Stages, including but not limited to: Configuration Management, Software Asset Management, IT Asset Management
- Experience creating and maintaining metrics, reports, and dashboards
- Be customer focused and goal oriented with keen attention to detail
- ServiceNow experience is preferred
- Advanced knowledge of CMDB / CMS data models
- ITIL, COBIT5 as related to service management and configuration management
- General knowledge and familiarity with networking, mainframes, servers, scripting, databases
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills required
Education and/or Experience:
- BS/BA in a related field, such as Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science
- 5 - 7 years of ITSM experience or related workflow development practice and techniques experience
- 5 - 7 years in an Automated Discovery Analyst role preferred
Certificates or Licenses:
- ITIL Certified (Foundation+)
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.