Senior Consultant, Supply Chain (M&A) at West Monroe
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe Partners is seeking a Senior Consultant with Mergers & Acquisitions experience to join our rapidly growing Supply Chain team. We are seeking a candidate with 5-7 years of experience, preferably executing pre-close diligence and post-close margin improvement projects in consumer, industrial, retail or distribution industries for Private Equity clients.
Our practice serves an array of clients across industries and service offerings—from advising organizations on supply chain strategies to supply chain optimization technology implementation and capitalizing on improvement opportunities.
As a Senior Consultant on our supply chain team you will serve our private equity clients in several roles focused on pre-close technology and operational diligences and post-close project execution including supply chain system selection and implementation, operational value creation (e.g. inventory optimization, logistics cost reduction, sourcing and procurement improvement, manufacturing digitization). In addition to client service delivery, you will be an integral part of our team that helps shape our practice culture (strategy, recruiting, team building, practice development, etc.).
• Lead teams serving clients across industries (with specific capabilities in mergers & acquisitions pre-close diligence), while demonstrating executive presence with C-level client counterparts
• Facilitate due diligence site visits focused on identifying operational and technology strategy, organizational structures, and current state business processes and supporting technology in supply chain centric industries
• Assess operational and technology investment strategies and compare respective operating models and organizational structures against leading practices and industry benchmarks
• Lead engagements teams on transaction advisory, guiding the team to prepare focused request lists and agenda, facilitating on-site reviews, and providing leadership over deliverables
• Work with engagement leadership to implement operational processes and technology that support value creation and process efficiency across functions
• Manage project economics including: track project budgets, create and deliver invoices, and manage collection process
• Drive the development/enhancement of West Monroe's Supply Chain and M&A methodologies (diligence, planning, carve-out, etc.) and approaches to client delivery
• Coach and manage other consultants and actively participate in the performance review process
• Understand client strategy and investment priorities and turn those goals into concrete engagements and detailed proposals
• Create work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for prospects
• Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (e.g., Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, etc.)
• Consulting “athlete” (i.e. diversity in project experience, comfortable with new subject matter/industries). Prior industry experience strongly preferred.
• ERP or supply chain applications implementation experience; functional expertise in IT and supporting front/back office operations preferred
• Knowledge and experience working with private equity buyout and/or strategic mergers and acquisitions focused in supply chain functional areas is preferred.
• Deal execution management and leadership including carve-outs and merger integrations
• Basic accounting knowledge and experience analyzing P&L statements/balance sheet, and financial modeling skills to build and manage complex synergy and cash flow models related to M&A transactions
• Direct operational and technology experience in manufacturing & distribution organizations, as well as IT carve-out and merger integration leadership experience
• Minimum of 4 years of managing complex operational and/or IT projects/people
• 3+ years of consulting experience with a specific industry domain expertise in manufacturing & distribution
• Strong project management methodology background, including schedule, scope, issue and risk management experience, change management, strategic planning and analysis
• Ability to work permanently in the United States without limitation
• Ability to travel up to 50% to 80%
• A commitment to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives
To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.wmp.com/inclusion.