If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewThe organizations within Motorola Solutions providing products and services to our customers are responsible for the development of the company’s mission-critical communications and mission-critical intelligence portfolio, including command center applications (on-prem, SaaS, hybrid), Land Mobile Radio (LMR), and LTE solutions, as well as managed and support services around the world. This list of organizations includes the company’s procurement and supply chain operations.
Many of our systems are designed around the APCO Project 25 communications standard. With the growth of data services, our customer’s mobile backhaul networks are expanded and enhanced to include applications such as live mobile video transmission supplementing our traditional core voice and narrowband data networks.
Note: Candidate may reside anywhere in the US with access to a major airport for necessary travel
The Senior Cybersecurity Analyst will take responsibility for managing the cybersecurity program for the North America Software Deployment & Systems Integration organization and oversee operational aspects of cybersecurity compliance, training, and incident management for postsale deployment projects. Leadership, written and verbal communication skills will be critical to success in this role given the expectation to communicate effectively with various stakeholders internally and externally.
Coordination and collaboration with the MSI Cybersecurity organization, specifically the Cybersecurity Solutions Team (SST) to ensure compliance with corporate cybersecurity objectives, guidance and knowledge, and understanding of our cybersecurity products and services portfolio.
Oversight, tracking, prioritizing, and resolution of security incidents, issues, and vulnerabilities of our systems during the field deployment phase. Supports crisis/incident management with corporate security teams.
Conducts security research regarding threats, troubleshoots issues, and manages upgrades on security platforms.
Advises on data security issues, compliance, and privacy requirements.
Participation in pre and postsale customer support, review of customer-facing cybersecurity materials, participating in contracts and customer engagements.
Required Skills and Certifications:
Geographic location: North America (US)
Travel: 25% to 50% (incident response may require additional travel)
Experience in IT or security operations, and/or product development with a cyber focus
One or more of the following certifications: CISSP, CCSP, CISM, CISA. Other industry certifications will be taken into consideration, especially cloud-related.
Candidate Knowledge Should Include:
- Laws, regulations, policies, and ethics as they relate to cybersecurity and privacy.
- Risk management processes (e.g., methods for assessing and mitigating risk).
- Applicable business processes and operations of customer organizations.
- Technology integration processes.
- Cyber defense and vulnerability assessment tools and their capabilities.
- New and emerging information technology (IT) and cybersecurity technologies.
- Organization's enterprise information security architecture.
- Organization's information classification program and procedures for information compromise.
- Integrating the organization’s goals and objectives into the architecture.
- Organization's evaluation and validation criteria.
- Industry-standard and organizationally accepted analysis principles and methods.
- Systems testing and evaluation methods.
- Computer networking concepts and protocols, and network security methodologies.
- Capabilities and applications of network equipment including routers, switches, bridges, servers, transmission media, and related hardware.
- System and network design processes, including an understanding of security objectives, operational objectives, and trade-offs.
- Cybersecurity and privacy principles.
- Cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
- Specific operational impacts of cybersecurity lapses.
- Capabilities and requirements analysis.
- Authentication, authorization, and access control methods.
- Cybersecurity and privacy principles and organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation).
- Application firewall concepts and functions (e.g., Single point of authentication/audit/policy enforcement, message scanning for malicious content, data anonymization for PCI and PII compliance, data loss protection scanning, accelerated cryptographic operations, SSL security, REST/JSON processing).
- Network access, identity, and access management (e.g., public key infrastructure, Oauth, OpenID, SAML, SPML).
- Business continuity and disaster recovery continuity of operations plans.
- Network systems management principles, models, methods (e.g., end-to-end systems performance monitoring), and tools.
- Critical infrastructure systems with information communication technology that were designed without system security considerations.
- Multi-level security systems and cross-domain solutions.
- System fault tolerance methodologies.
- Configuration management techniques.
Candidate Skills Should Include:
- Determining how a security system should work (including its resilience and dependability capabilities) and how changes in conditions, operations, or the environment will affect these outcomes.
- Apply cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation).
- Writing/reviewing test plans.
- Applying and incorporating information technologies into proposed solutions.
- Designing countermeasures to identify security risks.
- Designing the integration of hardware and software solutions.
- Using Virtual Private Network (VPN) devices and encryption.
- Configuring and utilizing software-based computer protection tools (e.g., software firewalls, antivirus software, anti-spyware).
- Configuring and utilizing computer protection components (e.g., hardware firewalls, servers, routers, as appropriate).
- Designing multi-level security/cross-domain solutions.
- Translating operational requirements into protection needs (i.e., security controls).
- Setting up physical or logical sub-networks that separate an internal local area network (LAN) from other untrusted networks.
- Identify cybersecurity and privacy issues that stem from connections with internal and external customers and partner organizations.
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Information Security - with Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree, or Masters degree a plus and minimum of 10+ years experience in information security
OR 12+ years of Cybersecurity experience
Motorola Solutions is a U.S. Federal contractor and must comply with the recent U.S. Government Executive Order requiring that Federal contractors ensure that their U.S. employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 4, 2022. Accordingly, Motorola Solutions requires all US employees, even those working from home, to be fully vaccinated unless entitled to a reasonable accommodation based on a qualified medical condition or religious belief.
If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to a qualified medical condition or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation prior to moving forward with the recruitment process. As a part of this process you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, an offer for employment will not be made.
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.